OD green Titan - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Ionian
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OD green Titan

Has Victor quit making the OD green Titan stocks? The color has been out of stock for a long time and now it doesn’t even show up as an option.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Kev301

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I want to know also.. I sent an email but didnít get a response yet
Old 10-07-2019, 04:01 PM
mcmahonbj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Messaged Victor Company USA on IG and they responded saying production was shifted and will be most likely around January-February 2020. This was responded to me as of September 21, 2019. I picked up an FDE one for now but ill for sure be grabbing an ODG one when they release again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 03:22 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a gently used OD one I'd sell.
Nice bench stock, but can't do the vertical grip on a field rig.
PM if interested.

Last edited by CD2; 10-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Rob5r
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got an email from Michael that says "Itís going to be a while until we run the OD- probably in Feb-March." I was hoping that more emails of interest might get it rolling sooner.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Ionian
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One would think that the color is popular enough to keep it in constant production. Make you wonder if they are having problems with it.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:40 AM
big_o_tom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2 View Post
I have a gently used OD one I'd sell.
Nice bench stock, but can't do the vertical grip on a field rig.
PM if interested.

Do you hunt with this stock? I have a pistol grip on one of my Rogers and love it for squirrel hunting. I'm interested in it if you still want to sell it.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:08 AM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have not hunted this stock.
Only shot it from the bench, and offhand at the range.
Like to shoot w my thumb over the wrist of the stock.
Doesn't feel right to me w this one.

Sucks because otherwise the stock and gun setup is pretty cool.
Looks good, shoots good.

I have a cz455 as my hunter. Still not thrilled with it but it does OK w CCI Blazer.
But then I went to gunshow and found a beater '70 fingergroove.

Arrgh.

Plus the ol lady has her 50th anniv grey lam carbine.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:42 PM
big_o_tom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So you can't get a grip on it, you just have to palm the side?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:16 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can wrap a thumb over it, but the transition doesn't feel right to me. I suppose I could sand that into a more gentle radius. But even with thumb comfort, I don't like my wrist vertical.

Grew up hunting with a Ruger #1. Like my 760 fine for deer. Regular 700 stocks are cool to my ergonomics. And of course, the best feeling stock ever IMHO for the 10/22 is the old fingergroove.

To leave the Titan unmolested, I have to lay my thumb along side or aimed up top, not wrapped like "normal".

Its just different. Like I said, when I had my 12X on it I shot sub half inch groups (5 shots) at 50 yards easily w SK match.

The fit, finish, design and bedding are great. Looks good too. Just wish it had an angled grip.

If you've not handled one I suggest doing so before purchase. Bench guys love em. And from the bench its tolerable.

But I built this gun for two reasons.

1. to see if I could go sub half inch at 50 yards for under 500 bucks (not counting scope)

2. to be a piney slayer supreme.

Not interested in playing games on the bench, testing ammo, trying to shrink groups .1 or more. It has a stock bolt and just a Volq hammer. I met my goal and refuse to put more money into it.

Had it for sale elsewhere, no takers. May yet part it out. I don't need to sell it, so aint gonna dump it at silly price.

Its in great shape, stock and gun and if people are interested PM.

As such, just wanted to post here, what I thought of the stock.
Its a nice stock but if you aren't into BR the grip angle could be a big deal.

Try before you buy.

If you like a vertical grip and don't mind sling cups in the side, the Titan stock is proly the best deal out there.

Nothing bad to say about the stock, it just is what it is, and not what I prefer.

I could ultimately buy a different scope and just run it.

See, I'm old and cranky (picky). Bought a Leupold Freedom VX EFR 3-9X. Not liking the flat on side of turret body. Too tacticool. But I could live with it.

The rear eyepiece is more tubular and not a bell and just flat out sucks when placed on an older rifle.

The old 4-12X AO in the pic was a friction knob Vari XII.
No groundhogs around, moved it off my .243 and onto the 10/22. It worked but was too much scope for hunting.

I rarely shoot over 6X as my shots hunting are almost always offhand (rimfire hunting that is). Quit shooting fox and greys years ago, just whap pineys these days.

My deer woods is full of em. But houses around, so shots have to be from stands down. Or shotgun.

Last edited by CD2; 10-22-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:58 PM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well somebody liked the stock more than me LOL. Guess im building the fingergroove into a hunter now. Might make the stockless one into a lightweight for my kid. Not that light lol....some stock on it. Maybe the TC stock w the new smooth sporter bbl i got from SAP
Old 10-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionian View Post
One would think that the color is popular enough to keep it in constant production. Make you wonder if they are having problems with it.
Hello Gents!

Sorry about the lack of OD stocks- there were no problems with them, it was simply a miscalculation on how many OD Greens we had in stock and how much people like them. We have them in the line for production but with the holidays coming up it likely won't be reading until early 2020.

Thanks for all your support,

MV

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 10-24-2019, 05:20 PM
mcmahonbj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Victor View Post
Hello Gents!

Sorry about the lack of OD stocks- there were no problems with them, it was simply a miscalculation on how many OD Greens we had in stock and how much people like them. We have them in the line for production but with the holidays coming up it likely won't be reading until early 2020.

Thanks for all your support,

MV
100% snagging an ODG one when they release I bought the FDE one for now
Old 10-29-2019, 09:22 AM
slickshot22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

will be back in stock in a few months by early 2020