Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Garugerfan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
DrGunner, the time you spent with your kids is time you can never get back.

You have done well with them.

I teach the Rifle Merit Badge to Scouts and I try to encourage parental involvement with kids at that very important age.

Safe Shooting,
I have been a coach for our local 4-H clubís rifle team for the last 5 years. We encourage the parents to be involved too. Much like DrGunner stated we start them out with the Daisy 499B, a single shot muzzleloading BB gun. The kids start this program in the fourth grade and can shoot bb up to eight grade. If they want they can shoot air rifle starting in the seventh grade and go thru twelfth. 22 rimfire can start in the ninth grade and go thru twelfth.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garugerfan View Post
I have been a coach for our local 4-H clubís rifle team for the last 5 years. We encourage the parents to be involved too. Much like DrGunner stated we start them out with the Daisy 499B, a single shot muzzleloading BB gun. The kids start this program in the fourth grade and can shoot bb up to eight grade. If they want they can shoot air rifle starting in the seventh grade and go thru twelfth. 22 rimfire can start in the ninth grade and go thru twelfth.
Good show mate. Safety really does need to be drilled in stages and repeatedly, IMO. Iíve seen way too many adults with deplorable and reckless gun habits, which is why I choose to shoot outdoors on private land. I saw too many near miss incidents at my local indoor range, those coupled with apathetic RSOs drove me out. I donít miss it, at all.

Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack- my bad.

Carry on~

DrG