Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Shooter70

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sinclair Forend Bench Rest Adapter

Sinclair makes a benchrest adapter that clamps on to most rifle forends and uses the sling stud hole to secure it in place.

The adapter has a 3" x6" high density plastic pad on the bottom to make the rifle much more stable for benchrest shooting.

I bought one and put it on a Savage MarkII BV 22lr. and have some questions.

When clamped on the rifle the pad is not parallel with the barrel. Does it need to be to work best? When the rifle fires the whole rifle slides back and down slightly. The front rest has a Protector 3" wide bag with the silver material on top. Rear bag is a rabbit ear Caldwell with leather top and ears.

I shot this new set up yesterday with some Wolf Match Extra at 50 yards shot a 226-1x on the USBR target. By rows top to bottom, shot a 46, 44, 48, 48, 40. Shot 1X.
Usually shoot around 200 using the rest with a front bag that fits the stock.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a rookie at this, just wanting to get all I can out of the rifle I have and have fun doing it.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Use a forward stop to return your rifle to battery in the exact position for each shot. The Sinclair front rest is designed to move with recoil. I am not sure what you mean about parallel. I use mine on my CZ 452. It is in the cabinet now and I am not going to dig it out until next week, but I recall there is some adjustment to the sides and how they clamp the stock. You could probably look at that or use some shims for a better fit.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:37 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
If the belly of the fore-stock isnt parallel to the bore the clamp on Sinclair wont be either. If you want to emulate a benchrest stock that is parallel you can find some spacer material to jack the front of the Sinclair out and try it; shooting will prove the theory.
My next project is going to be a delrin attachment for the Sinclair to ride on in the front rest.
The back end wont ride the bag like a benchrest stock either so without the front and back acting together you may not get the results you want. Ive been thinking of making a delrin spacer for attachment from buttplate to pistol grip, kind of an adjustable 'skate' to tune to parallel to the bore too.