Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-23-2019, 07:24 PM
flyingsquirrel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)

Doctor Doctor, give us the news. How many names in the hat?
Old 08-23-2019, 10:30 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Doctor Doctor, give us the news. How many names in the hat?
30 people entered as of tonight, some with multiple entries based on their past generosity in the PiF forum

DrGunner
Old 08-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Grayrock

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Would you kindly add my name to the hat, please? I have received and given several PIF, but probably not on this site. SASS.NET is where I most likely did them with some of my Cowboy Action Shooting compadres.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2019, 09:19 AM
areuuvee

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I’d like to be entered please. Thanks
Old 08-24-2019, 06:14 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayrock View Post
Would you kindly add my name to the hat, please? I have received and given several PIF, but probably not on this site. SASS.NET is where I most likely did them with some of my Cowboy Action Shooting compadres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by areuuvee View Post
Id like to be entered please. Thanks
Two more names added to the hat-

DrG
Old 08-24-2019, 06:45 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Two more names added to the hat-

DrG
You're going to need to get a bigger hat.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:37 PM
Pianoplayer1939

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The cable puller u offer may b fine for a quick cleaning in the field , but for serious carbon ring removal etc u need a stainless rod - a bore guide a good cleaner and plenty of elbow grease
Old 08-24-2019, 11:59 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoplayer1939 View Post
The cable puller u offer may b fine for a quick cleaning in the field , but for serious carbon ring removal etc u need a stainless rod - a bore guide a good cleaner and plenty of elbow grease
The guy is doing this for free out of kindness and you have to go and wiz on it. You should of scrolled passed and kept your mouth shut.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:07 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
If you read my Sticky on how to make these tools, you’ll find that I say the exact same thing as you. The finger loop chamber brush that I designed, which is included in this kit, provides for unparalleled control and leverage to short scrub the chamber and remove the dastardly carbon ring WITHOUT getting into the leade/rifling.
This kit is for range cleaning and those “in between” full scrubdown cleanings- when you don’t want to remove the beneficial seasoning in the bore.
I have three borescopes, so I’m well aware of what is and is not effective at preventing and removing the carbon ring. I use this system every 3-500 rounds, which cuts down the need for full bore scrubbing and limits my need to do so to once very 1500-2K rounds. I still clean all my rifles after every range outing, I just don’t scrub out the good stuff any more, until accuracy falls off.

Your input, of course, is appreciated-

DrGunner

Edit- Just so I’m clear in my motives here- I do not sell, and have never sold my tools. I’ve had plenty of offers and declined. I shared these in a “How To Make Gunner Tools” thread in the Shooting Accessories forum, which was made into a Sticky. That thread has over 42,000 views, and I sincerely hope it has helped folks make their own tools and made the chore of cleaning their rifles a little easier-which has always been my intent. The irony here is that I just now replaced the older style brush pullers that I used to make by hand, switching to a commercially made cable puller so that the recipients can replace the brush, and use more attachments.
I have never claimed that this kit is ideal for “Unlimited Benchrest” rifles.

Last edited by DrGunner; 08-25-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:07 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Quote:
Just so I’m clear in my motives here- I do not sell, and have never sold my tools. I’ve had plenty of offers and declined. I shared these in a “How To Make Gunner Tools” thread in the Shooting Accessories forum, which was made into a Sticky. That thread has over 42,000 views, and I sincerely hope it has helped folks make their own tools and made the chore of cleaning their rifles a little easier-which has always been my intent. The irony here is that I just now replaced the older style brush pullers that I used to make by hand, switching to a commercially made cable puller so that the recipients can replace the brush, and use more attachments.
I have never claimed that this kit is ideal for “Unlimited Benchrest” rifles.
Everyone that's been around here for even a short amount of time I believe knows already that everything you do has good intentions and is out of the kindness of your heart. I've not seen a more generous person since I've been a member.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:39 PM
rizzle
Fire Fighter GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Dr.Gunner, if you would kindly put my name in the hat it would be much appreciated. I wish I knew how to find and put up a link to the rings I payed forward a couple of years ago, but have no idea how .
Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Everyone that's been around here for even a short amount of time I believe knows already that everything you do has good intentions and is out of the kindness of your heart. I've not seen a more generous person since I've been a member.
Thanks for that... I guess I was trying to understand the reason behind the poster I was responding to. I still dont- other than an uncontrollable need to be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Dr.Gunner, if you would kindly put my name in the hat it would be much appreciated. I wish I knew how to find and put up a link to the rings I payed forward a couple of years ago, but have no idea how .
I found it for ya- Doing so is REALLY easy. Just review threads started by a member and scan for any in the Pay it Forward forum.
Unfortunately, its not as easy to find items received in the PiF forum.
Doing so requires sifting through all posts by the user, filtering PiF.
Not sure if members have that ability.

Heres yours:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1045650

Your name was added to the hat-TWICE.

Good Luck!!!

DrGunner
Old 08-25-2019, 07:07 PM
rizzle
Fire Fighter GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thanks DR Gunner. I found the link easy enough, was linking it in my reply that wasn't a cake walk, computer illiterate I guess. But thanks for putting my name in the hat! Your generosity it really appreciated!
Old 08-25-2019, 07:22 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Thanks DR Gunner. I found the link easy enough, was linking it in my reply that wasn't a cake walk, computer illiterate I guess. But thanks for putting my name in the hat! Your generosity it really appreciated!
Just copy and paste the web address next time.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
+3 Entries for DD396, gave away a Knoxx Axiom stock, valued @ $92 plus shipping

DrGunner