Resellers that publish available Eley Tenex lot numbers? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-09-2019, 07:47 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Resellers that publish available Eley Tenex lot numbers?

Beyond Killough, are there any online resellers that publish the lot numbers they have in stock - specifically for Eley Tenex?

Thanks.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Shooting Inc
Old 08-10-2019, 08:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Killoughs is not a reseller they import their own Eley. They publish the in-stock inventory of Zanders the only other US importer. Any Eley seller can order from Zanders ie. Good Shooting, Clint Swigert, Jason Frymier, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Ralph Spoilsport

TPC Rating: 
88% (6)
CM Sporting Goods (Jason Frymier) has a link that shows the last inventory published by Zanders. It's not real-time but the closest available, I think.

https://www.cmsgwv.com/

Killough's site appears like it's real-time but it's simply an order request portal. They still need to check their own or Zander's inventory to see if your request is available. Killough is also one of the higher costs out there. You can buy black box around $.75 a box cheaper at CM.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
Killoughs is not a reseller they import their own Eley. They publish the in-stock inventory of Zanders the only other US importer. Any Eley seller can order from Zanders ie. Good Shooting, Clint Swigert, Jason Frymier, etc.
Actually any company other than the manufacturer that sells directly to the consumer is a reseller. Killough MAY BE both an importer and a reseller. Their website says, "THIS AMMUNITION WILL BE SHIPPED FROM ZANDERS WAREHOUSE AND QUANTITY LISTED COULD BE INCORRECT". Since I'm curious, I'll add that question to the list I already have for them - call on Mon.

Last edited by ELR_Researcher; 08-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:16 PM
SigP224

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The way I understand it from conversations with both Dan and Paul Tolvstad, Killough is owned by Eley. KSS gets their own supply of Eley ammo that only they have. Eley does not ship any of those lots to Zanders. Since Zanders is an Eley importer, several places, including Killough, get ammunition from them.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigP224 View Post
The way I understand it from conversations with both Dan and Paul Tolvstad, Killough is owned by Eley. KSS gets their own supply of Eley ammo that only they have. Eley does not ship any of those lots to Zanders. Since Zanders is an Eley importer, several places, including Killough, get ammunition from them.
I'm confused, then why the Zander statement on the KSS lot list page? And I see some of the same lots in both KSS and Zander listings. So, at least, they both seem to be getting some of the same lots.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:36 AM
Hoot
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I realize this is a thread about Eley products but the same question could be posed about Lapua, which my rig and wallet love.

Hoot
Old 08-12-2019, 07:24 AM
SigP224

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR_Researcher View Post
I'm confused, then why the Zander statement on the KSS lot list page? And I see some of the same lots in both KSS and Zander listings. So, at least, they both seem to be getting some of the same lots.
If you look at the KSS Eley Match page you will see 2 listings. 1. at Texas warehouse and 2. at St. Louis warehouse. Each of these pages lists by lot number. The same applies to Tenex.

Sure, they sell Zanders inventory. Why wouldn't they?
Old 08-12-2019, 09:04 AM
Turbosam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You wont see the same lots listed for killough and zanders they get separate shipments. Killough has zanders inventory listed on their site but they dont have the same lots as each other.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
You wont see the same lots listed for killough and zanders they get separate shipments. Killough has zanders inventory listed on their site but they dont have the same lots as each other.
Actually, when I tried running the analyzer on the lots show on the Zander lists all but one had been ones I already checked using the list on KSS.

I spoke with KSS earlier this AM and found that the TX warehouse listing is KSS inventory and the St. Louis warehouse inventory is Zander.

I ordered one brick of Tenex through KSS (SL inventory) and will work through the couple of Geco Match bricks I have before the Tenex. Lot of learning to do but figured I'd snag the Texex while I could.

Interestingly, I also ran through the KSS Eley Match lots and found 3 that were very close to the best Tenex - at $3.75 less per box. Now a future consideration.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:34 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Your best bet is to get test lots of several lots that appeal to you, then base your buying decision on the results of the test lots. Nothing like buying a brick of 17.00 a box ammo that shoots like 6.00 a box ammo. There are many good lots available from Zanders, that were overlooked when they first came out. When new lots come in, there is a buying frenzy for awhile, lot of shooters get test lots before the inventory is listed, this is not a insiders thing, you can get on the list as well. If there is any extremely good lots, they sell out fast. I usually wait, then test 2 boxes of each lot that appeals to me and that have plenty of inventory. If none of those test well, order 5 more. When you find the lot that works well, buy a few bricks, but keep testing, buying ammo is a never ending chore.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They do NOT carry the same lots between kss and zanders. They have different inventories that's why they are listed as Texas warehouse and st Louis. Been at this for a while now and chasing ammo is the name of the game in this sport. The biggest thing like has been stated test different lots to find what best suits your gun cause just one brick of one lot may not be the one. We test a lot of ammo each batch that comes in so it's a rush to get what's good. Hope you find what works for your gun.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You are 100% correct test test test and then test more. That winning lot is out there just gotta find that needle in a stack of needles.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
They do NOT carry the same lots between kss and zanders. They have different inventories that's why they are listed as Texas warehouse and st Louis. Been at this for a while now and chasing ammo is the name of the game in this sport. The biggest thing like has been stated test different lots to find what best suits your gun cause just one brick of one lot may not be the one. We test a lot of ammo each batch that comes in so it's a rush to get what's good. Hope you find what works for your gun.
If I look at the KSS Tenex lot list (https://www.killoughshootingsports.c...mmunition.html) and compare it to the Zander PDF linked list on the bottom of this page (second link/oval down from the top) (https://www.cmsgwv.com/rimfire-produ...ey-ammunition/) and check the first 3 lots on the second list (1019-1235, 1237, and 1238) I find the exact same lots on the KSS page. As I noted previously - same findings with all but one (1) lot in the Zander PDF. Please check for yourself.