Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
617-6 and 8-shot 648-2

Both have Wolff spring kits installed with a reliable 2.5lb SA pull. DA pull is very smooth, but my trigger pull gauge tops out at 8lbs so I am not sure of the weight. I am guessing around 10lbs. The strain screws have been replaced on both with 8-32 x 1/2" stainless extended point set screws from McMaster-Carr to make up for the extra depth of the Power Rib mainspring, Loctited in place. Both have Leupold DeltaPoint Pro reflex sights on Allchin mounts. I can't say enough good things about the Allchin mounts. They are the best IMO. I also replaced those crappy grips that come on S&W revolvers these days with a proper set of Hogue Monogrips. BTW, not sure why the 648 has the S&W logo on the left side and the 617 does not?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_69c.jpg (183.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Mike_AK; 09-28-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2019, 06:03 PM
lscocoa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The S&W emblem on the left side is different, you would think it would be a-3 with an 8 shot cylinder and reintroduced but who really cares . Looks good sounds like you got it set up right too. Iím assuming it shoots like a charm , whatís yah planning for it ? Target , competition, hunting, plinking or maybe all of the above. Love the mag !
Old 09-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscocoa View Post
The S&W emblem on the left side is different, you would think it would be a-3 with an 8 shot cylinder and reintroduced but who really cares . Looks good sounds like you got it set up right too. Iím assuming it shoots like a charm , whatís yah planning for it ? Target , competition, hunting, plinking or maybe all of the above. Love the mag !
Thanks. Mostly stress relief with steel targets at the range, but a little small game hunting is not out of the question. I agree on the 648-2 vs 648-3 but it is definitely stamped 648-2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_68c.jpg (492.5 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement