Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:31 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)

I called Marlin back before Remington bought them out, and due to the high number oif rifles with light strikes I asked... "have you changed the hammer springs?" They said, Nope... been using the same hammer spring since back in the 1950's. And the man sounded proud of this information he gave me. So this was not just a Remlin issue.

All you have to do is remove the buttstock and watch that strut when you lower the hammer, and see that it hots the hammer and starts to slow it down before the hammer strikes. So I knew immediately what needed to be done, but not even Marlin themselves could fix it. Soon you will not have to send me and ask. I am going to try and get my instructions posted as stickies so everyone can view them at any time. My eyes are getting bad and no funds for cataract surgery, so I want you guys to have my info at your leisure.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 AM
william

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I am not just dealing with lite primer strike but the rounds that do fire have bulged just above the rim ( 2nd sentence in my original post ). So the gunsmith saying the bolt isn't closing all the way makes sense ( to me anyway ).
Old 08-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
I am not just dealing with lite primer strike but the rounds that do fire have bulged just above the rim ( 2nd sentence in my original post ). So the gunsmith saying the bolt isn't closing all the way makes sense ( to me anyway ).
WE are just trying to warn you about your gunsmith. I used to work for one, and we never welded in anything unless the gun was so old, parts were no longer available, and it was usually double barrels that no longer locked up tight. I just cringe to the thought of your smith welding on your bolt and lever. If you have a bulge, then its probably the barrel has been replaces, and the headspace is not set right. Has he ever checked headspace yet? WE are all just looking out for YOU and your rifle.

I know that several of the 39A's I have owned over the years, the bolt never seated against the action tight, and they all worked flawlessly. Just crossing my fingers that guy does not mess it up beyond repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 05:20 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Where is that 'like' button?
Old 08-19-2019, 09:22 PM
bbush

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Agreed ^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk