Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Talyn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Parts Box PMACA re-build

After the disappointing results from one of my parts box builds, likely due to the stock I decided to go with a PMACA multi-chassis.

The first build configuration used a Brownells rail receiver, a 90s vintage Hogue bull barrel stock, a Brownells 16.5" threaded bull barrel, Ruger BX trigger, and some important trigger group upgrades.

The PMACA chassis arrived today, a day early, so I put things together this afternoon with the needed and a couple of changes.

I installed a SB Tactical folding mechanism, a AR extension tube with Magpul CTR, Magpul MIAD grip, and a DTA Mil-brake linear compensator from the parts box to see what that could do.

The SB Tactical folding mechanism makes the overall package a bit more portable with the stock foldable.

I likely should have gone with a long-nose PMACA chassis but for an extra $40 I passed, but still have the room for a QR bipod and handstop on the multi chassis rail.

We'll see how this configuration works at the range sometime within the next week.

I really don't consider this build a tactical one, like the SR-22 which is clearly oriented in that direction, but the other PMACA discussions appear to occur here.

Last edited by Talyn; 07-26-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 09:02 PM
1911luvr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 12:52 AM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911luvr View Post
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll try to take a couple in the next day or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 AM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Update: I decided to go with a Magpul ACS-L stock instead of the CTR, but the larger cheek rest area on the ACS-L prevents the stock from locking folded with the SB Tactical folding mechanism. The CTR locked but since the SCS-L doesn't its not a big deal since the folding was for a more compact package in a shorter case.

I also dropped the vert grip and put the larger Magpul XTM hand stop from that kit on the pic rail. That works a lot better for the support hand and still allows the QR bipod to work.

I forgot to mention my optic is one of those old Burris 4-12 AO FCH Compact scopes with Warne rings. It has short eye relief so the adjustable stock is just fine with it.

Hope the 16.5" Brownells threaded bull barrel shoots.