Recommend Gun Vise? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:26 PM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Recommend Gun Vise?

Mods: If I'm in the wrong area, please accept my apology and move the post...but I thought I'd ask my CZ friends! Friends: I have the fortunate situation of being able to set-up another workshop on my property. I plan to dedicate the workbench in my new shop to minor rimfire/gunsmithing projects, maint, upgrades, etc. Question: What gun vise do ya'll recommend? I've done the AR build thing and simply used vice blocks in the mag well, but looking for something to primarily work on the CZ fleet. Thoughts?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:03 PM
wkd
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
I've been happy with my Tipton.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:44 PM
matchgrade
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I like the big gunsmith vise I bought from Midway, probably 15 years ago. Big smooth jaws, lots of travel though I seldom need to open it very wide. The base mounts to the bench and the vise can be removed and rotated with the jaws in the vertical position. That comes in handy from time to time. I also like that it can be removed and set aside if you temporarily need more space on the bench. It's heavy, watch your toes! It may be a Tipton brand, I can't remember. Didn't Tipton used to be a Midway house brand? Same with Wheeler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 AM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tnx for the replies! I see you're a neighbor Matchgrade… :-) I'm just outside the Shenandoah NP.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:01 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I use the Tipton Best Gun Vice and when I need a regular vice (with soft jaw inserts), I have one mounted on a board and C-clamp it to my bench. That way it is not in my way when not using it.

vise.JPG