Deal alert. Love em or hate em - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 AM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

RW is sending me a different unit and I have a return shipping label for my original, here’s crossing my fingers that this new one does better.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:02 PM
NJGreg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingskeetman View Post
RW is sending me a different unit and I have a return shipping label for my original, here’s crossing my fingers that this new one does better.
Same here. They seem pretty horrible on communication. Nothing in email for return, just a shipping label. Then another email with trigger shipped notification. New unit should be here tomorrow, might be a couple days till I can fire it.
Real decision is weather to actually push for a refund or send to jard for upgrading. I already bought a bx trigger and switched the internals with my stock trigger. Just not to fond of the plastic trigger now.

As for the bolt latch, on this unit there is no room to play, bolt completely back or nothings gonna happen.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM
ionman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine has been working fairly well during the first 100 shots. I did have about 3 FTL's and a FTE, could that be ejector related or?

It's in a month-old Backpacker takedown, about 500 sounds total. I had done some polishing on the stock trigger unit, but not the notches on the sear/hammer. No mods to bolt yet.
I definitely prefer the Jard with the lighter trigger and very positive reset. There is some creep which seems to get better after the first few shots. Disappointed the $8 extended mag release I bought the day before the Jard won't fit! But the Jard release works better than the stock one.

I'll likely do some minor polishing to clean it up a little. Pins are staked in place, do I just tap the pins out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pins tap right out but are pretty tight in my experience. My newest one broke in nicely around 250 rounds. I did polish the part of the hammer that the disconnector catches on to smooth up reset some.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 07:15 PM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Got my replacement trigger unit yesterday and was able to try it out today, so far so good.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:22 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Finally got mine to the range today. It performed well, but I will be leaving it on my dedicated 22short rifle. Not my favorite trigger, but much better than the BX that I had on this rig.
short.JPG

Last edited by mpolk; 07-19-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:42 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Recieved my replacement and felt good. I also just ordered a 1lbs spring to try. I'll update once I get to try it.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:27 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
Recieved my replacement and felt good. I also just ordered a 1lbs spring to try. I'll update once I get to try it.
I called and asked them if the 1lb spring was reliable and he told me it was not. I went with the 1.5 because of that and I really didn't need a 1lb trigger on the gun I have it in. Hope it works out.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is the same experience I had. It would not reset reliable with the 1 lb in the sportsman. 1.5 was perfect. The 1 pound worked great in my Jard adjustable trigger though.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:38 PM
NJGreg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not having such luck with mine. Replacement stove pipes and fails to fire, but not at the frequency of the previous one. The back half of the disconnect did break off after its first trip to the range tough. Not overly impressed.

I believe my cycling issue may lie with the hammer in a more forward position over stock creating drag sooner than normal slowing bolt down and not allowing it to function 100%.

Once i get an extra 20 i'll send it off to be upgraded and if my rifle still don't like it i'll just sell it. Put my original with bx parts back in for now.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Just got around to trying out the 1lbs spring swap in my three Jard triggers only one took the 1lbs spring reliably. If feels good. The others will stay at 2lbs but I may play around with an over travel screw and possible a pretravel but that may be fruitile. These are super simple in construction and looks to be more than easy enough to drill and tap the two screw needed.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just bought 2 more and neither would work with the 1 lb. The 1.5 works in both but one occasionly fires on release so its going back.

As far as installing screws take a look at the diagram for the jard adjustable and it will show you where they put them for reference. It would definitly be super easy i was thinking of at least adding an overtravel stop to mine