Deal alert. Love em or hate em - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:03 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
I have a BX on the way for my first build but ordered this one anyway. I guess I could always sell the BX if I need to or save it for another build.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Rick_W
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post
First post on this Forum, triggers and an impulse you all know. A Jard for $55, why not? Time for an impulse buy. Yes I did, and after 50 years of tinkering and modding I still haven't mastered self control, but I darn sure can Justify. I appreciate the heads up on a bargain, and knowing I'm not the only one buys just because it's a deal.
Impulse buy?

Who, me???

I bought two.

And I don't even have two 10/22s.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:37 PM
chinaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_W View Post
Impulse buy?

Who, me???

I bought two.

And I don't even have two 10/22s.
I guess I don't feel so bad now. I almost bought a second one and still have yet to own a 10/22 (parts are ordered for my first build). I just love a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2019, 10:57 PM
ionman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just ordered one for the 10/22 TD Backpacker I bought a few weeks ago. I was wanting the Kidd drop-in kit, but this one is half the price. ...All I really want is a lighter pull and this should do it.

Can someone explain how the 'slide fire' model differs? I hope it'll work in a standard 10/22 rifle.

The 20% off with '1776' code expires tonight! The price goes up to $69.95 after today (Sunday).
Thanks nodak for the heads up!
Old 07-07-2019, 11:04 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It will work in a standard 10/22
Old 07-08-2019, 11:56 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Received mine just now and the trigger is around 2.5lbs is my best guess. Has pretravel and is a little gritty but should breaking fine. Reset is crisp and audible for sure. Trigger guard hangs lower than a normal 10/22 trigger does so will change looks of gun a hair. Overall for 55 I'm pleased. Now for the bad. One trigger is new and as I described. My second is definitely used and fires on the pull and the release. I emailed them and have no doubts they will replace without issue. Now if there were a selector to have it Binary, that would be a cool option but not everytime.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
Received mine just now and the trigger is around 2.5lbs is my best guess. Has pretravel and is a little gritty but should breaking fine. Reset is crisp and audible for sure. Trigger guard hangs lower than a normal 10/22 trigger does so will change looks of gun a hair. Overall for 55 I'm pleased. Now for the bad. One trigger is new and as I described. My second is definitely used and fires on the pull and the release. I emailed them and have no doubts they will replace without issue. Now if there were a selector to have it Binary, that would be a cool option but not everytime.
The firing on the pull and release i recall as being part of the issues that came from the slidefire units from when I spoke with them. They will definitly get it squared away for you. Great customer service in my experience!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2019, 03:00 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I received my trigger. The trigger pull was a pretty consistent 1lb 13oz but had some inconsistent creep but a very audible reset. I polished the hammer/sear contact points and it eliminated most but not all of the creep, but it is consistent now. Only thing that is iffy is the safety. Works just fine, but not really a clear click when you put it on "safe". It will be very easy to bump the safety to off. It has a red o-ring to show "fire"and the o-ring is very loose. Thought that was the problem so I took it off and the still is no real definite safety click. Tried shrinking the o-ring with a hair dryer, but to no avail (maybe helped a tiny bit). Haven't put it on a gun yet. Waiting to get one of my Kingston receivers back. It was out of spec and they are replacing it.

Seems to be a very good trigger. the trigger guard and trigger are much larger than the competition, but in my opinion it is a much better trigger than the BX.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:43 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
With the o-ring out of the safety groove, it at least moves all the way over and there is a more definite sort of click. Might try painting the ring.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:30 PM
chinaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Im building my first 10/22 and ordered both this Jard and the BX trigger. Both arrived. Im saddened to see the Jard has a proprietary mag release. This is not cool, I was looking forward to putting on an extended mag release.

I will do some side by side comparisons tonight.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:16 PM
huntingskeetman
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I also got mine today, pull averages consistently well under 2lbs, as other member reported the safety disengages with very light pressure. I was also disappointed that the mag release is proprietary and canít be exchanged for an extended, but for its price itís a nice trigger overall.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:34 PM
NJGreg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Also had mine come in today. Versus stock,, way better. Very audible reset and light safety here too. No idea on lbs, but pretty darn light.

Not smooth as butter but darn good for 55 bucks. Also not so big on the small bolt lock and mag lever, but will get used to it. Assuming it will smooth out with use.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:35 AM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboy View Post
Im building my first 10/22 and ordered both this Jard and the BX trigger. Both arrived. Im saddened to see the Jard has a proprietary mag release. This is not cool, I was looking forward to putting on an extended mag release.
The Jard is definitely proprietary, but I thought everyone knew that going in. Sorry we didn't make that clear.

Last edited by mpolk; 07-11-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:46 AM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I ended up putting the Jard trigger in the Volquartsen "Short Only" build. Works pretty good. It had the original Ruger metal trigger group from 1991. Now I will have another old Ruger metal housing to put a Kidd trigger kit in, LOL.
short.JPG
Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 PM
chinaboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
The Jard is definitely proprietary, but I thought everyone knew that going in. Sorry we didn't make that clear.
No need to appologize but that is very thoughtful of you to say. I am very happy to have a sweet trigger for cheap so I shouldnt conplains. And i actually only bought an $8 brownells extended mag release so im not out much. It just would be nice it ilthis trigger had the option. But if it really bugs me I could go with my BX trigger or another trigger option.