Martini International MKII - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:40 AM
ghgs

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

You could remake a new rail from some aluminum flat stock and drill and tap similar to the original.
What usually do is replace it with a newer design similar to the later Internationals.
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Mai...ions&item=CC14
or
http://www.championshooters.com/inde...=74&Itemid=111
Old 07-08-2019, 02:03 PM
rapidfire10ring
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grg View Post
One more question, can anyone tell me what pull weight the factory trig is capable of going down to? I believe mine is right at 12oz but wondering if it can go lower, just don't want to mess it up as it's super clean right now.
I can attest that the pull-weight can go down to "outright dangerous". I had an ND inside my bedroom from one I am finishing and only lack the finishing of the wood to put back together. I was trying spent cases and felt no trip of the striker so I considered that I would have to pull the whole trigger guts apart and look for the culprit.
Instead, I tried seating a live round to check ejection and killed a book on my dresser nightstand.
It took only a few turns of the trigger screw to get it back to acceptable levels. I don't have a trigger pull gauge that would go down to the weight the Martini's can go. BUT....be willing to test safe levels before you go to the range or are around other people. You can get them to detonate JUST by closing the breech (cocking lever).

Last edited by rapidfire10ring; 07-08-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:28 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Here are a couple pictures of the Rifle with refinished stock set. After it finishes curing for for just a bit longer I will work it out with rottenstone for an even finer finish. I think it looks pretty good, color matches well and I like a satin finish on it. Should it actually have a gloss finish?

What work is there to do accurizing the stock set, bedding or anything else?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190721_112158.jpg (533.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20190721_112144.jpg (527.0 KB, 11 views)
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019, 04:18 PM
Thomasconnor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire10ring View Post
I can attest that the pull-weight can go down to "outright dangerous". I had an ND inside my bedroom from one I am finishing and only lack the finishing of the wood to put back together. I was trying spent cases and felt no trip of the striker so I considered that I would have to pull the whole trigger guts apart and look for the culprit.
Instead, I tried seating a live round to check ejection and killed a book on my dresser nightstand.
It took only a few turns of the trigger screw to get it back to acceptable levels. I don't have a trigger pull gauge that would go down to the weight the Martini's can go. BUT....be willing to test safe levels before you go to the range or are around other people. You can get them to detonate JUST by closing the breech (cocking lever).
What is an ND ?
Old 07-23-2019, 05:46 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasconnor View Post
What is an ND ?
Negligent discharge I suspect.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:21 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Negligent discharge I suspect.
That is correct. Negligent Discharge. AND, without a finger on the trigger.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:49 AM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BSA Martinis are known for this if the trigger is not set properly.

Giz
Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo60 View Post
BSA Martinis are known for this if the trigger is not set properly.

Giz
Yes, and although I own over a dozen, I should have known. To my weak defense, that was the first cartridge I had placed in the chamber of that particular rifle.
All I can think of is that I had backed out the set screws when checking to see if they were not frozen. That had happened quite a while before putting the rifle back together.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Dickn52
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
No one hurt, and you already fixed everything. I was a range officer for over 25 years in a Fed agency. Had my first ND in my garage AFTER I retired. Dam Glocks...I despise the plastic blob. (Glock owners know what i mean when I say I 'made it safe'.) That final step has killed people.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:15 PM
NCchris
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Quote:
Here are a couple pictures of the Rifle with refinished stock set. After it finishes curing for for just a bit longer I will work it out with rottenstone for an even finer finish. I think it looks pretty good, color matches well and I like a satin finish on it. Should it actually have a gloss finish?

What work is there to do accurizing the stock set, bedding or anything else?
I think it looks pretty good too! I much prefer a nice satin sheen to the hi gloss finish and would continue with your plans for the rottenstone finish.
Chris
Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Pugs
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow - some nice looking Martinis. Just got my first MK-II and learning it. I see refinishing as a possible winter project. Did a little ammo testing last weekend and RWS Target rifle and shockingly Federal High Vel match turned in the best groups.

One question though, I had several varieties of Eley and none of them would chamber. Is that normal ?

Old 09-05-2019, 01:33 AM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
One more question, can anyone tell me what pull weight the factory trig is capable of going down to? I believe mine is right at 12oz but wondering if it can go lower, just don't want to mess it up as it's super clean right now.

It can go down to Negligent Discharge, in seconds flat. Been there, done that.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Pugs, that is a nice looking rifle. Stock looks great in your picture. I would scrub the chamber really well and see if that takes care of it.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:31 PM
Pugs
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Pugs, that is a nice looking rifle. Stock looks great in your picture. I would scrub the chamber really well and see if that takes care of it.
I thought I cleaned it pretty well before I shot it but will certainly give that a try.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs View Post
.... One question though, I had several varieties of Eley and none of them would chamber. Is that normal ?....
Not normal.

UK rifle, UK ammo, something is wrong if Eley won't chamber.

Giz