Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:58 PM
pop
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
SGR H001TRP

I bought one today. I have been following the sight issue with great interest. I had one of each 22lr and 22mag carbines and both had sight issue. They were first issue year. To make a long story short I got my money back. I went looking today at the rifle and carbine. The front sights have changed and it looks to me a different Skinner rear sight also. The rifle has a shorter sight and the carbine has a taller one. I bought the rifle and was nervous. I liked the features of both. I'm very happy to say that Winchester bulk 36grhp at 25 and 30 yards the Yoplait empty container was never missed. I hung it from a string and by the 5th shot was on the ground and the next 25 shots it danced along the ground. It was nothing but swiss cheese. I will bench it latter and try 40 gr hp to see how it prints. I believe now you can buy and have a lot of confidence. Yes I know Henry will make it right they did with me on the last two in this model line. I'm very happy with another Henry that's for sure!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:13 PM
pop
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Benched the rifle

I did bench the rifle today and at 25 yards the groups were 1/4 inch. Only one twist up for the skinner sight and had a 6 clock hold. Ammo was Winchester 36grhp and 40grhp. Wind age was dead on. Very happy with this rifle.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:00 AM
pop
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Went hunting

Went squirrel hunting yesterday with the SGR. The peep sight worked very well. Their are 3 less fox squirrels in the woods. The peep sight really and asset. I shot one climbing up the side of a tree at 15 to 18 yards. The next one was moving on the ground at 10 to 15 yards.The last one was moving on the ground at 30 to 35 yards he stood up and took one to the the chest. The 40 gr HP performed very well these were Winchester small game loads. I did change the front sight to a Skinner partridge sight and pained it white. All shots were off hand. I had a fun and relaxing evening and enjoyed the rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 09:57 AM
Horsehead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for sharing! I have the SGC and love plinking with it. I only wish the squirrels would come in so close for me!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2019, 10:18 AM
pop
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I find an area with acorns and nest's and sit and wait. Also I use a Quaker boy squirrel call. When I move its practice for deer hunting when I walk slow and with out much as possible noise and extra movement. That's how I got my third one yesterday.