Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:20 PM
SKphoto816

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No more KAT triggers

Well it looks like the KAT triggers will no longer be produced, confirmed from Arrowdodger himself.

Anyone willing to sell one, or the firearm, please contact me. Was hoping to get one so I can teach my twin boys how to shoot and work on precision.

Assuming no one offers to sell me one, what would be the next best option for a Marlin 60?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2019, 06:05 PM
boomer47
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sad,sad news. I have one I would never part with and wish I had bought a few more when available .
No idea why Arrowdoger is not making the trigger any more but I doubt there will ever be a better one made.
Google Marlin model 60 trigger job and you will find all kinds of tricks but nothing beats the KAT.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 PM
SKphoto816

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Really wish I could get a diagram of these trigger assemblies. I live in Michigan and work as a mechanical engineer. I know several machinists and toolmakers and would love to set up a non profit group buy and if arrowdodger wanted to earn money from it, as he should, I would happily oblige and make sure he got paid with each sale. Guess Iím going the diy trigger job route for now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2019, 10:30 PM
oldbird13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKphoto816 View Post
Really wish I could get a diagram of these trigger assemblies. I live in Michigan and work as a mechanical engineer. I know several machinists and toolmakers and would love to set up a non profit group buy and if arrowdodger wanted to earn money from it, as he should, I would happily oblige and make sure he got paid with each sale. Guess Iím going the diy trigger job route for now

I hope arrowdodger sees this offer...sounds like a win-win for all.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:59 PM
jerryray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess I procrastinated too long. I have one KAT on a 70 and talked to Mark about putting one on a 1985 Model 60. At the time he said he was having a hard time getting a machinist to do it. If you look at a KAT close you can see why. It is a fine precision unit. I hope these can be made again.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Was there an explanation given for stopping the work?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:18 AM
SKphoto816

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg View Post
Was there an explanation given for stopping the work?

Unfortunately not. Iím bummed that I couldnít get one. I reached out to Arrowdodger several times in early 2018 but the Rimfire Central personal messages didnít work well with my account. Would love to see if anyone can give me an idea of how the KAT works. Iím a mechanical engineer and love learning about new products

Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 AM
shootrj2003
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too waited too long,that is a shame,I have done a lot to my 60/70 to enhance its trigger and action but was never able to get under three pounds but did get an expert with it in Sporterifle I might have to use a different rifle .my action is so smoothed that it will cycle longs,I have not tryed shorts.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:19 PM
hamrmech

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
tried to buy one myself. if hes got one laying about, he could just charge me an unreasonable amount for it. Guess I will make do with the DIP trigger on the marlin 7000t. https://i.imgur.com/tZvvrVC.jpg
Old 06-02-2019, 02:30 PM
SKphoto816

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamrmech View Post
tried to buy one myself. if hes got one laying about, he could just charge me an unreasonable amount for it. Guess I will make do with the DIP trigger on the marlin 7000t. https://i.imgur.com/tZvvrVC.jpg

That is route Iím leaning towards, DIP trigger, guard, and charging handle. Maybe MCARBO springs as well. Why stock is that? I dig the look and will let my boys pick the color when theyíre old enough to shoot responsibly

Old 06-02-2019, 04:30 PM
hamrmech

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
its a 7000t. bought it brand new last year off armslist. in the box even, unfired. bought a dip rail, dip trigger, dip trigger housing. the stock housing is plastic and pretty terrible. its accurate, but I dont think I'll take it to more competitions, I took it to a nrl22 roundup last month. only one there not rocking a volquartsen or kidd or vudoo, and the only one with a stock that is not black or tactical colored.. be a shame to wreck it handling it and such, they do things like practical shooting, laying down the rifle, shooting from different positions. be hard to find another one if I broke it. so far the only trouble the 7000t has given me is the factory buffer exploded, it was dried out from sitting.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:33 PM
trentb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad I was able to get one. Like others have said there is nothing like a KAT for your Marlin.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:25 AM
KassperT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Missed the boat

I waited too long. Life's complex and my time, money and heath are limited. Here's another vote for outsourcing the labor on this.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:10 AM
Racer X

TPC Rating: 
96% (24)
I too, want one. I have a bare DIP trigger housing waiting to go. I really would rather that than the MCarbo spring kit.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:06 AM
itshooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKphoto816 View Post
Unfortunately not. Iím bummed that I couldnít get one. I reached out to Arrowdodger several times in early 2018 but the Rimfire Central personal messages didnít work well with my account. Would love to see if anyone can give me an idea of how the KAT works. Iím a mechanical engineer and love learning about new products

This video gives a pretty good view of how it works

https://youtu.be/nhyaH2BWOuI