Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:53 PM
jaia
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

BG, y'er welcome to enter the 50 at 100 challenge also.

As I said before, I don't mind being proven wrong.

Use y'er favorite rifle, indoors from a one piece rest.

Let's see just how good you can do.

I've posted my targets, let's see some precision shooting.

Don't talk about how great the ammo is, show me.

So far, no one has been willing to post a 50 shot target at 100 yards.

Its not like we're talking Lapua X-Act expense here.

Show me.

A51guy, sounds like a good reason for a range morning to me.
Use y'er chronograph if you have one.
I like data.

Last edited by jaia; 05-09-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:20 PM
Bottom Gun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks but I'm not buying into that nonsense.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:25 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Oh well, I keep hoping someone will prove me wrong, nonsense or not.
If they prove me wrong, it means there's a chance I might get my hands
on some decent 22wmr, instead of the stuff being shipped currently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 11:35 PM
Bottom Gun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Perhaps if you bought a decent rifle or learned how to shoot better, you wouldn't have to keep blaming the ammo.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Oh....ya got me...tee hee. Gnite BG.

Spar with you later.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:46 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well maybe not accurate, but sure are pretty And sometimes that is enough

Last edited by Toomany22s; 08-11-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:39 AM
HyFiveGuns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaia View Post
Oh well, I keep hoping someone will prove me wrong, nonsense or not.
If they prove me wrong, it means there's a chance I might get my hands
on some decent 22wmr, instead of the stuff being shipped currently.
I am planning to try the 50 @100 as soon as the weather and my schedule both cooperate with each other. Not to prove you wrong or right, but just to satisfy my own curiosity. I'll be shooting my 455 and 457 with several different types of ammo, so you might get 200 @ 100. Will post results as soon as I get er done.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:19 AM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Appreciate it, Five.
I'll be watching for the results.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:01 AM
bam-bam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been pretty happy with both my CZ 452FS and Ruger Amercian Compact in .22magnum. I've been shooting .22lr for over 55 years including 8 years on High School and College Rifle Teams.

Got my first .22 magnum about 10 years ago........

IMHO the .22 mag is a hunting /varmint round..... not a pure target round.

At 50 yds both are consistent for less than half inch groups ..... the CZ off the bench has produced numerous sub 1 inch groups at 100 yds.

Both rifles have 1-4 Leupold scopes.... for field use...... at 100yds both will shoot "under the crosshairs" which translates to about 1.25-1.5 inch groups.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:42 AM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Goodonya H5G!
How much popcorn do I need to wait for all the rest of the targets to come in?
Old 05-10-2019, 11:52 AM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Ha!
Old 05-10-2019, 12:01 PM
snagglepuss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You knew it was going to go this way jaia, didn't you
I of course will back you up...(having done 30 shots at target, but not 50 yet).
My gun gets a solid 1.25moa average...if I discount the flyers that are so common with WMR ammo, including the V-Max.
Lots of WMR guns are capable of 1MOA...the ammo most definitely not. Countless 5 shots groups, three or 4 of which are nearly touching and the 4th or 5th is an inch off.
So many shooters take that one great group of the day and claim that is how they and their gun performs, ignoring the bigger groups...try using the logic at the Olympics folks...won't fly.
Anyone here who says their WMR gun/ammo will shoot 1MOA or better EVERY TIME is fooling themselves...or trying to fool whoever is listening.
I've not seen a review of any WMR in any respectable magazine (such as RIFLE) that gets a consistent sub 1MOA rating....so if you have that gun Bottom Gun, don't get rid of it for anything...it's the only one in the world.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Snaggle...are you trying to make me look like an instigator?

Seriously...me? An over 60 tree rat chaser and swamp stomper?

Would I do that? Maybe.

Al the infidel, aren't you due to add a comment by now?

I just believe if y'er gonna make claims of all day long sub-moa or even moa results, you should be willing to back 'em up.
It's only 50 shots or about 10 to 15 bucks worth of y'er favorite 22wmr ammo.

Can you imagine if there were a benchrest competition staged for 100 yards with the 22wmr, for score?
I kinda wonder just how much difference there would be in the results?
No way to avoid the analysis of the resulting targets by the scoring judges, eh?

Lot testing 22wmr for the best ammo....that could be interesting.
Kinda like sending 50 at 200 yards across a chronograph...

Last edited by jaia; 05-10-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Bottom Gun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just once I would like to see a thread on .22 magnum accuracy not degenerate into a 50 round Pendejo Challenge.

There are shooters on this site with over a half century of shooting experience who shoot quality rifles such as Cooper, Anschutz, Sako, Remington Custom Shop, etc. Many have or still shoot competition. Theyíve been there and done that. THESE folks KNOW what accuracy is all about.

Yet someone with limited shooting experience always feels the need to come out of the woodwork to tell these experienced shooters that they are full of s**t because he personally hasnít been able to shoot consistently with his/her Marlin, Savage, Ruger 10/22 or other WalMart grade rifle topped with a Tasco, BSA or Barska scope. Then they blame the ammo for their substandard equipment and/or lack of ability.
Are they also going to tell David Tubbs or one of the other High Masters that he is full of s**t because they canít duplicate his shooting with their Remington 700?
So they throw down the gauntlet and propose some ridiculous 50 or 100 round challenge.

Do they honestly think that we have never shot 50 rounds at paper during the time weíve owned our rifles? I hunt with my rifles. Personally, I periodically check my zero with 5 round groups at 100 yd. If the rifle will produce a MOA or smaller group, that tells me all I need to know and Iím satisfied.
Of course we all get an occasional flyer but we can almost always call them so itís not the ammo in question but rather the fact that we blew that particular shot.
So whatís the difference in shooting ten 5 rd groups and shooting one 50 rd group? If anything, the ten lesser size groups will be shot under varying conditions and will be a better indicator of overall accuracy and consistency.
Aside from prairie dogs, when is the last time you burned 50 rounds varmint hunting?

Granted, the .22 magnum is intended to be used as a hunting cartridge rather than a match cartridge but that doesnít mean it wonít shoot well for an experienced shooter using an accurate rifle. Iíve shot lots of sub MOA groups with my centerfire rifles using hunting ammo. Whatís the difference?

This post is not intended to be insulting but Iím sure some will take offense to it and be suitably outraged. To those offended, I apologize. Perhaps when you are as old as the underwear Iím wearing, youíll understand what Iím saying.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:34 PM
snagglepuss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Gun View Post
Just once I would like to see a thread on .22 magnum accuracy not degenerate into a 50 round Pendejo Challenge.

There are shooters on this site with over a half century of shooting experience who shoot quality rifles such as Cooper, Anschutz, Sako, Remington Custom Shop, etc. Many have or still shoot competition. They’ve been there and done that. THESE folks KNOW what accuracy is all about.

Yet someone with limited shooting experience always feels the need to come out of the woodwork to tell these experienced shooters that they are full of s**t because he personally hasn’t been able to shoot consistently with his/her Marlin, Savage, Ruger 10/22 or other WalMart grade rifle topped with a Tasco, BSA or Barska scope. Then they blame the ammo for their substandard equipment and/or lack of ability.
Are they also going to tell David Tubbs or one of the other High Masters that he is full of s**t because they can’t duplicate his shooting with their Remington 700?
Okay...I'll bite.
So much wrong here. David Tubbs and his Remington 700...guaranteed not an off the shelf gun and using match grade handloads (which of course is impossible with rimfire.
And 'yet someone with limited shooting experience'...well I'll put my credentials up against your '5 shot group before hunting' experience. Competed in 10m Olympic style air rifle in Canada in the 90's...train with a major Canadian Police force Tac team (sniper). With them put more rounds downrange (thanks to the taxpayer) than the average hunter does in 5 years.
And yes, I still think ammo production consistency in WMR is for the birds.

Last edited by snagglepuss; 05-10-2019 at 02:37 PM.