Old 04-21-2019, 07:13 AM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
No worries !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunk_Puppy View Post
It’s still lighter than the other single sixes, not by much, but some. Can anyone confirm that it will be compatible with single six holsters?

Too light isn’t great either, for balance or the feel of it. I personally think a single action should have a bit of mass to it.

Wonder if the bore diameter is spec’d for .22LR?

Truth be told, I’ve wanted a Heritage for a long time just due to the price, but every time I handled one the fit and finish kept me away. It seems Ruger has taken the basic concept and is crafting a good gun that many will probably associate with being more “trustworthy” than the Heritage guns.

I was all talking myself into the Single Six but with this new offering I just don’t know... especially since I have 0 use for .22 magnum...

Seems to be about a $300 difference in price. That’ll get an excellent leather holster with another $200 for ammo. That’s about 5K rounds for the bulk stuff. Interesting indeed, oh yes...

I just PRAY TO GOD they got this gun down and it won’t have any teething issues, but somehow my confidence isn’t super high in that category. It’s just a thrill either way that we’re getting a truly new Ruger rimfire sixgun. Maybe someday soon I’ll have Wranglers on my booty, and a Wrangler on my belt!!

Its a six shot revolver, what is going to go wrong ? If zamak Heritage works,

aluminum Ruger six shooter works. Beside the point, Ruger will stand behind

the new revolver. I will remind you a steel Heritage can be had for around 189.00.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:49 AM
57springer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will be waiting, does anyone else think this line will expand to other barrel lengths , sights etc ??
Old 04-21-2019, 11:12 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
i would bet on it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
I will be waiting, does anyone else think this line will expand to other barrel lengths , sights etc ??
if heritage can do different versions, I am sure ruger can too. a birds head would be nice, and easy, with the way the grip frame is made, shorter/longer barrels are no problem. .22 mag ,another for sure option. I have been reading up on the cerakote finish, very impressive and not cheap to use. much better than a paint finish. good choice, ruger, they could have cut a corner here but did not. I just wonder why the cylinder is not cerakote ? I understand no cylinder flutes equals less mfg expense, not a problem for me. the 2 grooves around the cylinder are interesting, maybe to later ID which cylinder is LR, and .22 magnum. to me, it is interesting to see a major gun maker doing something innovative, will be fun to watch the progress .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Moeregaard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just saw the announcement a couple of days ago. While I'm usually a steel-and-wood guy, and love my Single Sixes, the Wrangler looks like it might make a nice trail gun, thanks to its lighter weight and corrosion resistance. If this one is successful, perhaps Ruger will make it in .22 WMR.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:30 AM
ECVmatt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am going to order one tomorrow from my local shop. They are taking orders for $179 plus tax. My understanding is that the internals are mostly taken from the Single Six. That gives me a good degree of confidence that the gun with have teething problems, but we will see. I hope Ruger churns out some different variations of this one if it works out.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Win
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm in for one as soon as they're available, I need a new single action, doubt I can go wrong for the price.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Randy99CL
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Obviously I can't predict the future but when you think about it; if Ruger upgrades the pistol and has to raise the price it will cut into sales of the Single Six.

This pistol will bring Ruger money from the low-end market that they couldn't touch before (and I bet this will be a huge seller).

I'd like to get one with adjustable sights and a 6" barrel but right now would have to buy a SS. If I could get that in a Wrangler Ruger would get less of my money.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't think Ruger will offer any other options. It is what it is and what it is...is a budget, no frills version of their Single 6. If you want something more/different buy a Single 6.

I think the Wrangler is intended for a market that still wants a single action but can't or won't* fork over the kind of money the Single 6s are going for.

*I appreciate Ruger understanding that they are pricing themselves out of some markets.

Last edited by mac66; 04-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:05 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Saw it on a Turner's ad. Caught me off guard too. Usually thinking about what I can get rid of, telling myself "I don't need anything else". Saw them and my thinking did a 180 - "yeah sure would be nice and at the price, too good to pass up.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:09 AM
MPBde84

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I logged in this evening to see if anyone else had seen these new revolvers. I watched Jeff Quinn talk about them on YouTube yesterday. The price point seems to be right on in regards to cashing in on the market that Heritage has cornered these last few years. The olive brown one sort of catches my eye for some reason (I guess no accounting for taste). However I too would like to know if they have a 22 lr. bore instead of a 22 mag bore. My Single Six with the mag cylinder really outshoots the lr cylinder. If it does have a lr bore I will order one tomorrow!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:22 AM
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The individual (Jeff Quinn) in that YouTube review had all three finish samples. From a machine rest with Wolf Target ammo the result was 1/2" group at 25 yds. With Remington bulk 1 1/8". I plan on getting one but will wait in case any bugs appear on first production runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwin...sSdLIHF9svo5KE

Last edited by FredVK; 04-24-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:44 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVK View Post
The individual (Jeff Quinn) in that YouTube review had all three finish samples. From a machine rest with Wolf Target ammo the result was 1/2" group at 25 yds. With Remington bulk 1 1/8". I plan on getting one but will wait in case any bugs appear on first production runs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwin...sSdLIHF9svo5KE
He says surprisingly accurate, that is an understatement. I would not expect that and be surprised to get 1" at 25 with any ammo in any single 6 or this. I think somewhere between 1 and 2 has been my best case with any single xx. Call it under 2. Fluke? I am not saying it did not happen, only saying, I would not count on this. Someone here suggested the 22LR only would allow a tighter bore. If this accuracy report is even remotely close to normal, what is this, Dan Wesson accuracy at lunch money cost?

He did not mention point of impact. Precision means nothing, without the accuracy to hit what you aim at. I resorted to file the frame on a colt to bring in the windage. I know, stupid. I dont know about filing aluminum frame and fixing the finish. Back to my prior comment, if Lipsey does a adjustable sight version, it would bring this to the next level. That would be worth and extra $25 or $50, right?

He had multiple guns, did he test more than one. I might have missed some details. I was a little rushed to get to the testing part.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:25 PM
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
He says surprisingly accurate, that is an understatement. If this accuracy report is even remotely close to normal, what is this, Dan Wesson accuracy at lunch money cost?
He had multiple guns, did he test more than one. I might have missed some details. I was a little rushed to get to the testing part.
Didn't say if he tested more than one. If this turns out to be a hot seller I'm sure Ruger will come out with an adjustable sight model. In the coming weeks more reviews and accuracy tests will come out on these. Still, his result (machine rest) with 1/2" at 25 yds....that one would be a keeper.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:20 PM
MPBde84

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got off the phone with Mark at Ruger Customer Service and learned a couple of things. The Wrangler has a bore for a 22 mag. I was also told that the frame is unable to withstand the pressures from the 22 magnum round therefore will only be offered in 22 lr at this point in time. Just wanted to share.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:50 PM
mac66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBde84 View Post
Just got off the phone with Mark at Ruger Customer Service and learned a couple of things. The Wrangler has a bore for a 22 mag. I was also told that the frame is unable to withstand the pressures from the 22 magnum round therefore will only be offered in 22 lr at this point in time. Just wanted to share.
As I said, it is what it is and will likely always be, an economy fixed sight version of the Single 6.