Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:14 PM
navybowhunter
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
2019 CMP Eastern Games Rimfire Sporter Butner, NC

Anyone attending the 2019 CMP Eastern Games?

There is a CMP Rimfire Sporter match that will be held at Camp Butner on Saturday 27 April.

Here is the link for the info:
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-t...eastern-games/

This is an awesome match! You can go to the Sporter match and also if you have an M1 Garand, 1903 Springfield (any version but scoped), Vintage Bolt rifle like a 1917, and/or an AR15 that meets the competition rules.....you can also shoot in those matches as well.

My daughter and I will be shooting in the Sporter match together, and then the CMP Cup after the games matches for High Power Rifle.

If you are in the area.....come on out and shoot one of the biggest Rimfire Sporter matches of the year (aside from the National Match at Camp Perry).

R/
Chris
Old 04-28-2019, 09:14 AM
Fynn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gorgeous day to be on the line yesterday. I didn't make it to Butner for the Rimfire Sporter but I did manage to attend my first HP match.

Wind was 10-15 with gusts to 20 and the mirage was real. It was a 200 yrd reduced match; I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had an awesome time and am definitely HOOKED ON HIGH POWER

@Chris: How did you folks make out yesterday at Butner?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:12 AM
navybowhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
Gorgeous day to be on the line yesterday. I didn't make it to Butner for the Rimfire Sporter but I did manage to attend my first HP match.

Wind was 10-15 with gusts to 20 and the mirage was real. It was a 200 yrd reduced match; I learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had an awesome time and am definitely HOOKED ON HIGH POWER

@Chris: How did you folks make out yesterday at Butner?
We did well, Shannon tied me in score, 572-12X, I shot a 572-20X....

Wish we could have met up in person. I had a disaster in high power rifle.....rifle took a tumble off my cart and scope got damaged. It really ruined my cup matches portion. Shipping scope back to manufacturer today, and have a spare on the way. Typically I have a spare upper....but my daughter is using that now. I'll be building up another spare.

She also medaled (Bronze) in modern military match!

Here is a google drive link to the photos I and the CMP took of us:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ed?usp=sharing

R/
Chris

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by navybowhunter; 05-06-2019 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Fynn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
@Chris:

That is a GREAT picture of you two!Sounds like Shannon is ripping it up out there - good for her! I can tell by her smile that she is really enjoying the sport

Sorry to hear that you had technical difficulties; I hope you get your scope sorted out asap.

Hopefully we'll met up at one of these events before too long. That weekend I was torn between the games and my very first HP match but honestly I just wanted to take the plunge into the High Power pool and start my climb

I've got a long way to go but this is the most fun I've had in a long time and HP is one of the most satisfying pursuits I've found.

Thanks again for the AAR with pics.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:14 PM
navybowhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
@Chris:

That is a GREAT picture of you two!Sounds like Shannon is ripping it up out there - good for her! I can tell by her smile that she is really enjoying the sport

Sorry to hear that you had technical difficulties; I hope you get your scope sorted out asap.

Hopefully we'll met up at one of these events before too long. That weekend I was torn between the games and my very first HP match but honestly I just wanted to take the plunge into the High Power pool and start my climb

I've got a long way to go but this is the most fun I've had in a long time and HP is one of the most satisfying pursuits I've found.

Thanks again for the AAR with pics.
Thanks!
Jump in with both feet is my advice. My first high power match ever was the 2015 CMP Eastern Games Creedmoor Cup matches. I had a blast and have been hooked ever since.

Scope was shipped yesterday, March USA has told me they will make it right. Looking forward to hearing back from them soon.

R/
Chris

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk