Trigger pull weight - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Tehutson
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger pull weight

In the non-regulated class that allows light trigger weights. What weight does people like for silhouette? I am working on a new 457 MTR and ordered a lighter spring that will give me better adjustment range. I like lighter trigger pulls but did not know if there is a light range people tend to stay in, or like for silhouette. Thanks
Old 04-10-2019, 09:22 AM
acorneau

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I don't have a Standard smallbore rifle, just my Hunter with a 2 lb. two-stage trigger. I also have a Target air rifle (~6 oz. 2-stage) and Sporter air rifle (~1 lb. 2-stage).

Based on that, if I were making a Standard rifle I'd start with a one pound two-stage trigger (8 oz. per stage) and use that for a while, then tweak from there.

My Sporter with the 1 lb. trigger seems to be about right for me with a rifle that has more "jump" than the Target rifle (near zero). Of course your rifle's trigger will have to depend on what works for you.

Good luck.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Doodaddy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorneau View Post
Of course your rifle's trigger will have to depend on what works for you.
This is the answer.

Make sure the trigger is heavy enough for you to not inadvertently fire when it's cold or windy or cold and windy. I think Allen is right along what I would say with 6oz being about right for a really light trigger for off hand shooting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 09:04 PM
frankmako
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
many mango season ago i used two different anschutz rifles. one for standard class and the other for the hunter rifle class. my 64 silhouette two stage trigger is around 6 ounces. this 64 silhouette will adjust only between 4 to 8 ounces. my 1712 two stage trigger is set at 2 1/2 pounds. about three years ago i got smart and started to use the 1712 in both classes. in the standard class the rifle is a safe trigger and back in the day most of us went lite, very lite. but i found out it is better to use the hunter rifle for both matches. i did the same in the high power silhouette game. one rifle that is set up for hunter class used for both matches. the hp trigger is set at 2 1/2 pounds too.