Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM
03hdfatboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
KIDD Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
So you are saying everything Kidd ships is made in house. Tell us how you know that? Back it up Chaser. We already know he doesn't drill or rifle his own barrels. What else doesn't he do in house. Does he wire EDM trigger parts in house? Does he own a swiss screw machine to make the few pins in his triggers. Does he anodize in house? Does he wind his own springs? Love you Chaser but you are dreaming if you think everything he sells is made under his own roof. His job is to innovate not manufacture. There are plenty of job shops out there capable of manufacturing anything Tony sells to his specifications. That's the way it works.

Take it easy on us misinformed poor pathetic members! This thread is about the buzz of the new stock. Not about arguing what parts Tony uses and sources.

If its really important to you, start a thread and see who wants to play in the sand box.

Last edited by 03hdfatboy; 03-22-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:44 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I'm assuming you'll be able to just drop in a Kidd barreled action rear tang or not .This is very exciting news and if the chassis is solid like I'm sure it will be it could be a game changer In this platform very exciting.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:46 PM
03hdfatboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
They are not releasing photos of the chassis yet---probably it was a mistake when it popped out.

Had a word with someone at KIDD.

We need to wait, gents, lol!

I wonder if they did that on purpose? Set the bait to get the market warmed up prior to release.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Obviously, Mr. John, lol!

I hope the rear tang provision has some kind of a "plug" for tangless receivers.

It would not look right having a gaping chasm.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:25 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mr. GRH has a valid point, gents.

I was in manufacturing too for 2 decades, catering to banana plantations, and we did outsource and took our designs to various machine shops to have our "signature" products.

As a footnote, I have a PMACA chassis and I like it very much because it is well made and very solid.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:44 PM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hdfatboy View Post
Take it easy on us misinformed poor pathetic members! This thread is about the buzz of the new stock. Not about arguing what parts Tony uses and sources.

If its really important to you, start a thread and see who wants to play in the sand box.
But that is what the minions want to see. The believers cannot be wrong. Tony Kidd could crap in a bowl and most here would think it was shrimp salad and talk about how good it was. It might taste like shrimp salad but it is still crap in a bowl. Until TK chimes in and says he makes everything in house I am a doubter.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quick1 sir, you do have a Mcrees, right, or was it really you?

How do you like it?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:19 PM
bullseye4845
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Kidd Chassis

Now, Chaser, with all your pristine rifles, especially the B&C, Anchutz 54 gra y stock with red trigger, what is all this attention about this chassis? Will it have the classic lines of a pristine walnut stock, great checkering, reflect light as it moves, or is it a desire for a ventilated cover for a 22 rifle? Yehaw-- Throw the stones, as I really don't know what ya'll are talking about. What is the purpose for this product, and what does it serve in rimfire accuracy. Yes, I am ignorant of this new product and do not want to be tempted to buy one!! Does it make the 10/22 more secure in stock, more accurate, or just the appearance of a military weapon?
Old 03-22-2019, 10:03 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bullseye When a chassis is made right it can definitely aid in the accuracy of a good barreled action .They can also offer some unique ways to attach By pods and other shooting hardware .They can also be very adjustable for different shooting positions. I can tell by your post that you are a wood stock guy and that's great. I'm guessing this would not be the stock for you and that's fine but for others it can be very desirable.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Quick1 sir, you do have a Mcrees, right, or was it really you?

How do you like it?
Rick67, you are correct Sir. I put my CZ 455 in a McRees chassis and love it. The only thing I did not like was the metal cheek rest, but I put some "Talon Grip" grip tape on it and it worked perfect. I talked to Scott about his 10/22 chassis and planned to use it when he first released it, but he never put out the KIDD rear tang version we discussed. But I do love the chassis and highly recommend it.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
A Kidd chassis would put the steel challenge guys in a tizzy I would think. Many crap on him because he doesn't sponsor anything or give handouts, yet many still silently run his triggers.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:25 AM
bullseye4845
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Kidd Chassis

Hey Guys, my post was with levity, as some were getting a little resentful of Kidd. I am a fan on KIdd, and the stock remark was with levity for you, who like this style of rifle. I just was not in the 'know', about this new product per Kidd, who I know will not come out without a pristine product, which I value as to the other products TD has produced. Love my triggers, and need another--none like it on market, especially how safe it is at low settings. I will also say that if this chassis will improve my rifle in a good way, I am in with the rest for the quest.
I just do not understand why some are so resentful of a person being successful in a free society, who with a genius idea on a new trigger style, starting out with low funds, perhaps with dept, changed the rimfire world, with this great trigger, leading to many pristine parts , and I don't care where they were put together, has given many joy in the quest for a 'small hole' in a target. I hope this new chassis will be another great idea, and may TK, continue to produce new, and innovative ideas. I forgot to say his barrels/receivers, etc., are not bad either. Everyone, have a blessed day!!
Old 03-23-2019, 11:23 AM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
@chaser.

Any word on the weight?

My PMACA is very nice but it isn’t very light. Just curios if kidd was able to lighten things up or if it’s going to be a bench gun.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:52 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
I dare not even venture a guess on the weight.. if I was pressed to guess I will say not very heavy
Old 03-23-2019, 06:02 PM
jmill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hdfatboy View Post

If it’s really important to you, start a thread and see who wants to play in the sand box.
But that is what the minions want to see. The believers cannot be wrong. Tony Kidd could crap in a bowl and most here would think it was shrimp salad and talk about how good it was. It might taste like shrimp salad but it is still crap in a bowl. Until TK chimes in and says he makes everything in house I am a doubter.
I sent you a private message regarding this if you would like to discuss further. Tony KIDD has already come to his own defense years ago and he doesn’t need to chime in every time some random person wants to worry about where screws/springs are made. All of his CNC and EDM parts are made in house. Please keep the thread on topic.