Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-26-2019, 10:16 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I mixed up a half-gallon of Ed's Red quite a few years ago, and have been using it in my .22RF rifles & handguns. I've got several custom bbls (Ace, Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja) and a really nice Anschutz 2007/2011 prone rifle bought ANIB off GunBroker a few years ago. I wipe any & all these barrels out with a couple of wet patches of Ed's Red after every range session - it's a pretty mild solvent compared to some of the commercial mixtures that are also supposed to be effective on copper fouling - and at least in these quality bbls, I haven't seen any need to fire a bunch of fouling rounds after cleaning before they settle down when using Ed's Red.

There are several bore solvents that are supposed to be specially formulated for RF ammo, and I've read some good reviews on a couple of them. But for my use in my bbls, I'm pretty satisfied with the old home-mixed batch of Ed's Red - there's still at least a quart of it left after Lord knows how many years that I've been using the stuff, so it's likely I won't need to mix another batch of it up in this lifetime...