Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:50 AM
smcowboy1974

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sweets 7.62

Try Sweet's Copper Solvent. If the patch doesn't come out blue then you know for sure it's not copper, which I'm guessing it isn't. But I would think that if it's shooting fine I would leave it. As you know over cleaning is just as bad or worse than under cleaning. Just my two pennies.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcowboy1974 View Post
Try Sweet's Copper Solvent. If the patch doesn't come out blue then you know for sure it's not copper, which I'm guessing it isn't. But I would think that if it's shooting fine I would leave it. As you know over cleaning is just as bad or worse than under cleaning. Just my two pennies.
I'd already tried copper cleaner and bluing remover just to be sure.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:10 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welp, the lapping from the chamber didn't work so well with the ejector/extractor on the left side hindering things. I don't want to disassemble it nor do I want to lap from the bore so for now I'll settle for 3-4" of the leade being bright and shiny with the grooves slightly better looking. I'll redo the crown which was ground unevenly,(evidenced by cuts in a couple lands inside the muzzle), with a rather coarse grinder. Quite the concoction the Rem engineers dreamed up of the engineerically designed 5MM.
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Glass37
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the present day, I wish the engineers would win occasionally.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:15 AM
6mmintl

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try this, similar to shooters choice and foam wipeout cleaners.

Johnson Evinrude OMC Engine Tuner 777185
Old 04-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mmintl View Post
Try this, similar to shooters choice and foam wipeout cleaners.

Johnson Evinrude OMC Engine Tuner 777185
I'd already tried SeaFoam, engine carbon cleaner....and brake cleaner IMA.

The rifle has been reassemble, bolt installed, and its ready for duty stored in the Ram Box side locker for the next trip afield.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:25 AM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I tore mine completely loose and one of the two bicep tendons badly enough he just snipped it loose. I was almost 4 mo. in a sling not counting therapy after the sling was gone. I have screws still in the shoulder for that one.Needless to say I'm not gonna rip this one apart just for a rifle bore.
I have had my right shoulder repaired twice. This last time a nail/screw was put in and the ligaments or whatever they are were pulled up and tied to the screw. That was 5/6 months of H*ll. I have since pulled it again, maybe not quite as bad, but limiting at the same time due to pain. The doc said this was the last time. Maybe they amputate at the shoulder! I will put it off as long as I can.
VH