Henry Small Game Rifle/Carbine .22LR Accuracy - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:02 PM
bcvojak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

>> You can’t put them back in the same spot after throwing the lever.

Why not?
Are you taking the gun off of your shoulder to work the lever? If so, why?
Old 08-04-2019, 05:19 PM
TonyDesmond

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the skinner sight on my small game henry 22 ,,The supplied front bead and the opening in the rear sight are way to big for target work ,but skinner does have smaller rear inserts ,I replaced mine with the smallest rear and found a smaller frt bead in my junk drawer of parts ....Ok off the benchrest at 25 yds its a big hole all touching with all the ammo I tried...I also shot at 100yds with aquila ammo and hit the 5in gong 5 outta 5 shots...on paper at 100 yds with the peep sight it was around 3in group..........Oh I also replaced the trigger spring and got the shim kit for it ,,the spring helped with the weight of pull ,but not sure if the shims did anything at all .Would need to try it with a scope and some better ammo ,but I'm sure on a calm day you would get around 2 in at 100 yds off a good rest .
Old 08-05-2019, 05:27 PM
BWstickman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDesmond View Post
I have the skinner sight on my small game henry 22 ,,The supplied front bead and the opening in the rear sight are way to big for target work ,but skinner does have smaller rear inserts ,I replaced mine with the smallest rear and found a smaller frt bead in my junk drawer of parts ....Ok off the benchrest at 25 yds its a big hole all touching with all the ammo I tried...I also shot at 100yds with aquila ammo and hit the 5in gong 5 outta 5 shots...on paper at 100 yds with the peep sight it was around 3in group..........Oh I also replaced the trigger spring and got the shim kit for it ,,the spring helped with the weight of pull ,but not sure if the shims did anything at all .Would need to try it with a scope and some better ammo ,but I'm sure on a calm day you would get around 2 in at 100 yds off a good rest .
2 at 100 yards iron sights...22 plinkster who lol... good shootin there buddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Frontier seems to be a 1-1/2 to 2" gun at 50 yards. Plenty good for cans or squirrels, plinking. Not as accurate as a CZ or a 10/22. I put a 2-7 Leupold on it to test it, the Leupold went on a new 10/22 Deluxe Sporter, the 10/22 is more accurate at 25 yards but I haven't shot it at 50 yet. The Henry needs a cheek riser for the scope, stock is just too low.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Czy_Horse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My H001TRP came with the wrong front sight, to short.
Henry USA Warranty/Customer Service would NOT mail me the right one.
Canadian Warranty center tried but did not have the correct height in stock. They said I could leave it but they had no idea when the correct sight would show up, no they would not mail it to me when it came in.
I ended up ordering a fibre optic front sight from Skinner along with a smaller peep.
First, last & only Henry.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:10 AM
briggleman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czy_Horse View Post
My H001TRP came with the wrong front sight, to short.
Henry USA Warranty/Customer Service would NOT mail me the right one.
Canadian Warranty center tried but did not have the correct height in stock. They said I could leave it but they had no idea when the correct sight would show up, no they would not mail it to me when it came in.
I ended up ordering a fibre optic front sight from Skinner along with a smaller peep.
First, last & only Henry.

I have found Henry's Customer Service over the top in making sure you are Happy with your rifle. Seriously, just send an email to them, or call them. They will go out of their way to fix the issue! I have contacted them on a couple of issues with two of my Henry's and the service and result went beyond the initial problem and I ended up with even "better than new" rifles in my hands. The initial batch of Small Game rifles had this issue.....I do not know when you purchased, however even Skinner will step up to the plate on the front sight issue. Give them a second chance!

Last edited by briggleman; 08-20-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: spelling...like always
Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 PM
JeeperJake
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll be getting my Golden Boy ready for action soon. Picked it up used but unfired for a great price.
Almost too pretty to take out into the harsh frontier....most excellent smooth action & mounts very easily to shoulder. Will report back later.