Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:44 PM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB51 View Post
I had a standard carbine that I drilled and taped the action cover a few years ago for a Williams sight it came back to zero quite close after cleaning. Now I want to try something different. May have to look into one of those long tube scopes also.
Tang sights look good on lever guns. Scopes, not so much.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Chucksolo1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can scope the GB, you just need to remove the iron sights, buy the Henry scope mount and install it.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:19 AM
JimCameron
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Since I have a nice 1-4 Leupold sitting on my bench, I've ordered the cantilevered mount from Henry for my new Golden Boy .22M. I've shot more than one rifle that didn't have a cheek pad, or a more upright stock. If it doesn't work out, I'm out $30 and some time.

I'd like to hear more about the Skinner peep for the GB, as my eyes are 70 yr old, but pretty sharp.

Enjoy the exchange of experiences, here on RFC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2019, 09:54 AM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCameron View Post

I'd like to hear more about the Skinner peep for the GB, as my eyes are 70 yr old, but pretty sharp.

Enjoy the exchange of experiences, here on RFC
I'd recommend a marbles tang sight over a skinner for your golden boy. It will move the aperture closer to your eye, which is better for older eyes. It will also increase the sight radius for improved accuracy. Lastly, a tang sight looks period correct on a lever gun.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksolo1 View Post
You can scope the GB, you just need to remove the iron sights, buy the Henry scope mount and install it.
True dat, but you end up with this.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golden-scope.jpg (205.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Chucksolo1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have both an H001 and the Golden Boy and yesterday I bought a new H001T Octagon Frontier that I got a great price on, $399.00 OTD. I got this. because I plan on giving my brother my H001 for Christmas. Now I am in the process of saving for my Big Boy Steel in .45 Colt. Then my collection will be complete.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:57 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Frontier TLB, Marbles tang sight, Lyman 17AHB globe and a Varmint Express stock I bought from Henry to improve the cheek weld. I mostly shoot 40 grain Blazer, which easily holds minute-of-steel-chicken and is cheap enough that I can practice with the same ammo I play with.

I think I'm going to keep it.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:20 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Man, I really like the looks of that. Do you have to use the front globe with the Marbles tang, or could you have used the OEM bead sight?

Last edited by flangster; 10-05-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:22 AM
TrblShtr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I used the bead with the tang sight for quite a while and it works well. The globe just takes it to a whole 'nother level, it's almost like cheating.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:09 AM
JimCameron
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
If you're thinkin about mounting a scope forget the golden boy.
My Golden Boy, .22mag, has a Leupold 1-4 mounted on the cantilevered Mount. Remembering it's a light recoil rifle, it works perfectly out to 100yrds.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:11 PM
ii6thAHC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Adjusting the Skinner Sight

Recently purchased my first Henry H001TRP. It shot high and way, way to the right at it's first Range visit. I decided to fix one issue at a time and adjusted the rear sight first. Loosened the set screw and lowered the rear sight a half turn. It appears that there wasn't any additional room to move it lower. I had read page 16 of the manual over and over and since I hadn't much time left and didn't have a small hammer and brass rod I finished my time and called it a day. Once home I loosened the rear sight's allen screw and found that the sight easily moves without the need for tools. I picked up a weaver 3/8 dovetail adapter just in case I can't get a near perfect sight in and need to use a Red Dot. Any advice?
Old 10-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Cowpokey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ii6thAHC View Post
Recently purchased my first Henry H001TRP. It shot high and way, way to the right at it's first Range visit. I decided to fix one issue at a time and adjusted the rear sight first. Loosened the set screw and lowered the rear sight a half turn. It appears that there wasn't any additional room to move it lower. I had read page 16 of the manual over and over and since I hadn't much time left and didn't have a small hammer and brass rod I finished my time and called it a day. Once home I loosened the rear sight's allen screw and found that the sight easily moves without the need for tools. I picked up a weaver 3/8 dovetail adapter just in case I can't get a near perfect sight in and need to use a Red Dot. Any advice?
My Small Game Carbine shot 3 1/2" high at 25 yards with the rear sight bottomed out. The stock front sight is .450" tall, I replaced it with a .530" from Skinner and it shoots bullseye one round up with the rear sight.

I've heard Henry will send you a new taller front sight, or two, free of charge...I heard about that after I already bought the new one from Skinner.

For some good reading:

http://www.skinnersights.com/technical_info_17.html
Old 10-20-2019, 02:38 PM
ii6thAHC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you!

Great advice. I bookmarked the Skinner page.