Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:27 AM
dmachine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Izhmash Biathlon .22LR Magazines

Hello there comrades,

How many of you on here would be interested in an easy way to purchase our elusive biathlon .22lr magazines, right here in the US of A? We've got the means to purchase a die and pump out as many of these bad boys as needed, I just want to gauge interest to see if it's something even worth pursuing. And for those that are interested, what would you rather see, 5 or 10 round mags?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmachine View Post
Hello there comrades,

How many of you on here would be interested in an easy way to purchase our elusive biathlon .22lr magazines, right here in the US of A? We've got the means to purchase a die and pump out as many of these bad boys as needed, I just want to gauge interest to see if it's something even worth pursuing. And for those that are interested, what would you rather see, 5 or 10 round mags?
That would be outstanding. If I had to choose, I'd take 5 rounders. I'd buy a few of both if you got some going and working well.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:08 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I would be in for both 5 and 10 round mag. Any chance for the .22 WMR, as well ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2018, 01:52 PM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
dmachine--- I'd be in for a few 5 or 10 rounders, both 5 AND 10's if you are considering manufacturing them. Like Patience0830, if I had to decide on just one I would go with the 5's as well. I assume these would be die-stamped and welded mags, made from steel sheet stock? Removable floorplates?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd be interested in both, quantity would depend on price.

Topstrap.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:58 PM
apdair1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Same Here...

Would be interested in a few 5 & 10 rd mags as well. Choice for one or the other would be for the 5 rounder.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Mtn'eer Shootist

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
5 rds would be my choice.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Rover31

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10 rounders please!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:46 AM
45-otto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Depending on price of course I would be interested in 5 - 5 rounders. Metal would be great if economically feasible to produce although I have not experienced any issues (yet) with either the 5 or 10 round 'glass reinforced plastic mags I have now.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:15 PM
toivo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I would buy a couple of five-rounders: 2, maybe 3. I have a friend who would probably buy a couple as well.

Last edited by toivo; 09-13-2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-13-2018, 03:41 PM
dmachine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Awesome to see there's some interested parties with similar mindsets! This is something that will take a while to bring to market, but its something we are serious about and are willing to pursue.

At least for the first batch, it will be 5rnd .22LR mags. If we manage to break even, then the possibility of bringing the 10rnds and other calibers comes into play.

We've yet to sit down and go over all of the options for construction. Whatever we bring to market will be equal, if not superior, to the factory parallel.

Cost will be determined once we decide on a material/way of manufacturing them. My guess is that we will compete with the currently endangered market @ roughly $50 per magazine, free shipping on all orders.

I'll keep my eyes on the thread to answer any questions, if you want to reach me directly for a timely response, my email is [email protected]. I look forward to getting this project started, I'm sick of only having to reload my one magazine over and over at the range!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:41 PM
skeptical_in_Ohio

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Please keep a list of those who would like to buy some and/or make a big splash on the site once you're ready to take orders. I would be interested in 2 at that price; if it dropped to 40 I'd seriously consider going to 3-4.

Last edited by skeptical_in_Ohio; 09-21-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:35 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical_in_Ohio View Post
Please keep a list of those who would like to buy some and/or make a big splash on the site once you're ready to take orders. I would be interested in 2 at that price; if it dropped to 40 I'd seriously consider going to 3-4.
Admin Hat on:

RFC's terms of service simply won't allow that. We don't allow others to use the discussion forum to advertise or to market their products or services and it wouldn't be fair to others to allow the OP to do so.

We've let this thread run because the OP was looking for info that would help him decide if he would be able to offer a service or product. We don't mind that. Once he is ready to go to market, though, he will have to find some other venue. The Trading Post is the obvious choice and a short note here letting members know when they are available in the trading post is acceptable. That's about the limit of it... no taking orders in the discussion forum. No soliciting sales, buys, or trades. You know -- the things we agreed to in the terms of service. If anyone should need to review them they can be found here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=259414

Please don't be the one to get this thread closed or deleted. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:23 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (76)
$50

No affiliation:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783974800
Old 10-15-2018, 08:51 PM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are readily available in Canada... but $80 Cdn
http://www nordicmarksman com/Izhmash-7-3-7-4-Magazine.html

Sheet-metal magazine would be nice!

-

In the mean time, I got some Marlin mags to try to make my own