First 10/22 build, and itís a Superstock - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:05 AM
jeronimo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Very classy. Great Job!

Looks like its gonna be a fine shooter too.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow View Post
The cross hairs were all over the place when I moved just a little bit! And, at least for me, 7 power is not conducive to little groups.

Having said that, here are some pictures of the results. I broke the barrel in per Green Mountainís instructions, and these groups were shot during the process, not after. The barrel now has 115 rounds in it. I shot CCI standard velocity, 40 grain; Eley Target; Norma Match-22; and Wolf Match Target. With my scope constraints, which might make any definitive decisions on ammo a moot point, I think the CCI Standard shot the best. Both groups are CCI, @ 25 yards. Yes, I know both the 5 shot and 10 shot groups each have a flier. :-0

I believe this rifle will shoot, and am very happy. Now I need a new scope, then Iím off to the 1/4Ē Game! Woot!!
You are just about at the end of that rabbit hole.
I would agree that until you get a little more power on the scope, ammo testing, and shooting groups should be put on hold. Until you get more power you can shoot groups with cheaper ammo for the trigger time, and fun of it. Just don't take the results too seriously. For shooting small I prefer 10x-12x at 25, and 18x-20x at 50. Otherwise my old eye can't cut it.
If you do get the bolt reworked, or a new one, those fliers may decrease.
Once you do find the ammo that shoots best, you may want to do a support pad. In most cases it helps.

There is a few other games in SuperStock that I had a lot of fun shooting.
Clems cheap ammo challenge, Big Sky1's No Bull challenge, and the Tack Driving game, are a few. For shooting groups for games in SuperStock, any tareget will do, but I like the ones that can be printed / downloaded up in DrGunners Ultimate games link.

I'll be watching for you in the games.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Welcome and nice job

Sorry I was not around when you first posted your rifle. I have no understanding why but some things (like the DSP stock) make these SuperStock rifles so pleasing to look at and shoot. You have done a very good job building your first one.

While I do all my own work I have no problem with those that farm the work out.

Wait till you sit down on a bench next to a guy with his multi thousand dollar centerfire and out shoot them (at least out to 100 yards). I have been there many times. They kind of do not take you seriously at first but after comparing targets later they can't stop asking questions about how they can get in on the fun!

For all others reading this I have been away quite a bit based on what has been happening in real life. That is changing and I plan on being around a lot more often

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2019, 11:23 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
That ..is one beautiful Rifle.