Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Wanderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cleaning interval

manual says to clean every 200 rounds, which is about the ‘unofficial’ recommended interval for PMR-30s. Same for XTM22?

And FYI I had a Glock large frame (.45/10mm) speed loader in my parts bin, so I narrowed the center tab for the XTM22 mags. It’s just long enough front-back to fit over the mag. I also dremeled a notch in the front of the tab to allow the next round to slide further back under the feed lips.

Last edited by Wanderson; 08-26-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Tripplebeards

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There were two on grabagun today. I bought one and then had remorse and canceled it. It was $515

I figured it probably will have feeding and jamming issues like the my kel tec did and every other 22 wmr pistol on the planet.

I watched a YouTube shoot out on 22 wmr semi auto rifles. The cz517 seems to be the best shooting and most accurate. I'd rather get a magnum research and switch out the trigger but they aren't so pose to be able to shoot all the ammo I want to run through it ....30 gr vmax. I'll end up buying a CZ 517 rifle eventually and have to play with the trigger.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-28-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:48 PM
tiehshau
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new xtm 22 wmr

Received my xtm last week. Quarter size patterns at 20 yds off of a rest. I used armscor 40gr, cci maxi mag 40gr, hornaday 30gr with no issues. with winchester super x 40gr I had a few extractor hangups, maybe one a mag. spent shell would be 1/2 way out.

I really love this pistol. Way better than my Excel 22wmr and now that I have my PMR30 broke in it's a toss up between the two although I'm leaning toward the XTM. Now if I could just get Advance Tach to find my order so I could get some spare mags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 05:31 AM
David Hineline

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The slide stop was on purpose modified with the dimple as not to last round hold open. The reason given by the designer is that it would intermittently lift up during operation and lock the slide when the magazine was not empty.

I like my pistol and it is running best with Armscor nickle plated 40gr HP ammo.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:50 PM
64Nylon66
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Disassembly/assembly

I read all of the above posts with great interest. My XT-22 .22Magnum does not stay open after the last shot either in fact the owners manual says it won't and to be mindful of that fact. Mine shot the Armscore 40 gr. JHP like a champ. I only shot 10 rounds in 3 new magazines to just get a feel for the pistol. I ran into a problem though taking it apart to clean it and putting it back together: the manual says something about "pinch" the guide rod spring stop for removal but I couldn't find anywhere in the schematic a picture of the guide rod spring stop. I ended up taking off a screw at the end of the guide rod spring housing with a spanner tip but that step is nowhere noted in the manual I just got lucky. Everything then came out real easy. I also noticed my guide rod has 2 springs on it one inside the other! Then upon re-assembly I couldn't for the life of me get the slide stop device to go back in. Finally I contacted a neighbor who is ex Army and thought he could show me the trick to re-inserting the slide stop lever because of his knowledge of 1911's. Sure enough he took like 10 seconds whereas I had been fooling with it for over an hour. I couldn't find any videos for the take down of the Rock Island Armory XT-22 1911 in .22 Magnum so any tips or video locations I could research regarding the take down and reassembly of the XT-22 .22 Magnum would be helpful. Any tricks on re-inserting the slide stop lever? I think my neighbor lined up the slide stop lever on the tiny half moon notch and not the slide stop cut the larger one? If there are any suggestions out there I'm all ears and could use the help thanks.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:46 AM
Hawkmoon
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9x19 View Post
Slide stop problem on mine was a fairly deep dimple combined with a really stiff spring. Engagement with the magazine follower was good, but the magazine spring just wasn't stout enough to push the slide stop up every time.

Sanded down the face of the slide stop just a wee bit, broke the bottom edge of the dimple with a needle file (touched it up with a bit of cold blue) and took one coil off the plunger spring.

Now locks open every time when hand-cycling... I expect the same when I get it out to shoot some more.

I got my other two mags from these folks (no issues): https://advancedtactical.com/product...-rnd-22-magnum
Since no other 1911 that I know of comes from the factory with that detent in the slide stop lever, and the instruction manual states clearly that the pistol doesn't lock open on empty, I contacted the manager of Armscor USA in Nevada and asked him what's going on.

The answer was that the magazine spring is light enough that it didn't lock the slide open reliably in testing. Armscor's consultant on the pistol, Fred Craig (the same guy who came up with the .22 TCM cartridge), decided that having the pistol lock open wasn't necessary, so they added that detent to ensure that it won't lock.

I just replaced the factory slide stop with one borrowed out of another 1911 (without the detent, obviously), and it ran fine.

So Armscor views not locking open as a feature, not a bug. IMHO it's too bad they didn't ask their customers, because in all discussions about .22 rimfire conversions for 1911s one of the first questions people ask is, "Will it lock the slide open on empty?" I think Armscor screwed up on that decision but, fortunately, it's an easy fix.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Wanderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Slide stop

Thanks, I may try that in mine.
I can live without BHO but I hate dry firing a rimfire after the last round. Adding a 1911 slide stop might increase the life of my firing pin.