Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:16 PM
lesaus
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
Ok, not a rimfire but LGS has a CZ featherweight uplander over under 12 gauge that fits me like a glove.

Saw it, figured I need to do some research and you guys are the most knowledgable group of CZaholics around. well, I do have that ultra lux but....

So, whatcha guys think, a worthwhile addition to Cranky's Collection that gets used alot?

Regards,
Crankster
Picked up this CZ Teal in 20 gauge a month ago for $600 on a Cabela's door buster special, regularly $850:

Couldn't be more impressed with the fit, finish and the wood at twice the regular price. It is CNC-milled and the pieces fit together very, very tightly with no slop at all. I am not easily impressed, but, I am really impressed with this CZ Teal.

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. It came in a hard case, with the two halves in velvet sleeves. Five chokes are included. Can't beat the deal!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:33 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got an early 720 auto and haven't had any significant problems. My only complaint is the trigger pull is not very good, kinda stiff and not crisp. The trigger guard is aluminum but only has 1 pin and it's kinda wedged in there. Even so, I don't plan on taking it apart often and it was $400 and not $1200. I've got over 300 rounds through mine both low base and 3 inch and only had problems with tight fitting Remington ammo failing to fully chamber. Winchester and federal ammo has been fine. Finish is very good and internals are chrome plated.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:11 AM
NWFRS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I finally jumped a few days ago on a CZ Redhead Premier in 20ga with 28" barrels. Gunbroker listing. The wood is very interesting if not uniform. I've been shopping for about a year. This will be my first break-action shotgun. I just like the apparent quality and fit&finish for under $1k. I'd have been willing to go cheaper but I can't tolerate the cheap looking etching, roll-stamps or gold triggers that a lot of the other Turkish guns have. CZ/Huglu has a nice aesthetic and I'm a fan of the minimal engraving and satin-nickel receivers. The driving force here is that I shoot trap so badly with my 1939 Winchester model 12 in 12ga. I see an awful lot of barrel, the LOP feels too long because the forearm sits too far forward and I flinch because I dread the kick of the hard plastic butt plate. Mounting the Redhead in stores felt much more natural. Hopefully it will arrive at my LGS in time for me to pick it up today. And hopefully the firing pins hold up-that seems to be about the only reacurring issue I've read about, and possibly only a problem on the outgoing Deluxe. Fingers crossed on both counts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2018, 06:58 PM
cabinroe

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bobwhite

I bought a CZ Bobwhite in 16 gauge shortly after they were introduced. (202B model in 2006) Was using it to help me and the bird dog get a little of our favorite exercise at a local bird preserve. It performed without a hitch for several years, until the land owner died and quail suddenly became a much more elusive proposition for us. It got squirreled away in the back of the vault for a decade while we chased ducks and pheasant with a "shoot anything you feed it Benelli"

Recently, while planning a dove hunt with the grandson, he asked if he could use the Benelli. ( I'm sure he planned on smoking grandpa with the added firepower of the automatic). I told him sure thing, and went in search of a replacement for what had become my go to scattergun. After deciding to bring the CZ out of retirement and ordering plenty of 16 gauge shells, we waited for opening day.

I was pleasantly surprised by the handling of my CZ, and rewarded with a nice limit while my grandson feverishly unloaded the Benelli at anything close enough to be considered in range in an attempt to catch up with gramps.

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with my CZ, and have caught Ethan eyeballing it when discussing this falls bird shooting opportunities!
Old 08-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Talyn

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesaus View Post
Picked up this CZ Teal in 20 gauge a month ago for $600 on a Cabela's door buster special, regularly $850:

Couldn't be more impressed with the fit, finish and the wood at twice the regular price. It is CNC-milled and the pieces fit together very, very tightly with no slop at all. I am not easily impressed, but, I am really impressed with this CZ Teal.

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. It came in a hard case, with the two halves in velvet sleeves. Five chokes are included. Can't beat the deal!
I also picked up a CZ Teal at Cabelas. Not as nice wood but a decent field O/U.

Got it to replace my 20 ga. Ruger Red label that's retired to the safe due to its value now-a-days.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:08 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Ugly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namboonie View Post
If priced right, go for it. I don't think you will regret it.

I purchased a CZ Drake last year, but still haven't fired it. Hurricane Harvey put a damper on last fall's hunting season.
Send that ugly thing to me, you won’t have to look at it anymore.......nice wood!

Most CZ shotguns have really plain wood.....nice capture.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:13 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Not too familiar with Turk shotguns. I have 3 Japan made, a Win 101 and 2 SKB's. They are all from the 70s and still going strong. My SKB 20 side by side is like a tank.