Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:11 PM
crankythunder

Burrokratic Republic of Michigan, Cubicle LVW-2a19d, Rock Number 3
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
CZ Shotguns......

Ok, not a rimfire but LGS has a CZ featherweight uplander over under 12 gauge that fits me like a glove.

Saw it, figured I need to do some research and you guys are the most knowledgable group of CZaholics around. well, I do have that ultra lux but....

So, whatcha guys think, a worthwhile addition to Cranky's Collection that gets used alot?

Regards,
Crankster

www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com
www.ccrcrifleteam.weebly.com
Old 02-18-2018, 07:21 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes, they handle pretty well in the field.

You should ask to move this to the Centerfire section where it belongs.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:31 PM
targetsmoker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I may be wrong but I think CZ shotguns are made by Huglu in Turkey. That is not a bad thing just a fyi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2018, 08:44 PM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
They don't like Turkish built guns on here, I do & CZ must as they choose Turkish gun makers to build products CZ puts their name on but to each his or her own. If you study the Turk gun factories most use Muslim & Hindu labor & make it work & they get along, different prayer areas & times, IMHO that's quite a feat in itself & I've been very pleased with their products.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:55 PM
Big-Dummy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've got a CZ (Huglu) Hammer Classic Coach Gun I like pretty well.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...0&postcount=20
Old 02-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Namboonie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If priced right, go for it. I don't think you will regret it.

I purchased a CZ Drake last year, but still haven't fired it. Hurricane Harvey put a damper on last fall's hunting season.

Last edited by Namboonie; 02-18-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:14 PM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They're not bad guns, but be prepared for what you'll get. I've got a CZ Bobwhite SxS in 20 gauge that's my go-to hunting shotgun. Straight English stock and two triggers. It's shot more than 1 round of skeet, sporting clays, and even a round or two of trap.
Heavy triggers, black chrome barrels that are getting a bit silvery after a couple years, a couple cross pins that needed staking.. it ain't no Browning or Beretta but I didn't pay for one of those either. Some CZ shotguns are made by Huglu, at least the Bobwhite was.
I doubt it'll survive 100,000 rounds fired through it, which is ok since I don't plan to shoot it that much. Nice wood under the muck that Huglu puts on their shotguns, mine's got about 10 coats of Tru-Oil on it now.
A word of warning if you're not used to light shotguns, it may kick the snot out of you if you shoot it a lot. I draw the line at about 6 pounds in anything other than a semi-auto. As usual, YMMV.

Last edited by chilly807; 02-18-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 PM
ronsatspokane

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
Ok, not a rimfire but LGS has a CZ featherweight uplander over under 12 gauge that fits me like a glove.

Saw it, figured I need to do some research and you guys are the most knowledgable group of CZaholics around. well, I do have that ultra lux but....

So, whatcha guys think, a worthwhile addition to Cranky's Collection that gets used alot?

Regards,
Crankster
They are like CZ rifles, very good value for the money. When you buy a CZ rifle you know you're not buying a Blazer. When you buy a CZ shotgun you know you're not buying a Kreighoff. I've had three (still have one).

Redhead deluxe OU 20 gauge with 28 inch barrels. Shot a lot of trap with it. Sold it to a friend who shot it a lot. He was selling it to upgrade to a Franchi Instinct SL. To good to let go so I bought it back. Eventually used it as trading stock on a Rizzini. Was a great gun with a lot of rounds down it. We introduced a lot of people to shotguns with that Readhead and shot it a lot ourselves.

Ringneck side by side 20 gauge with 26 inch barrels. Same story as the Redhead. Shot my first 25 in trap with that gun using Briley extended full chokes. The wife of the guy I sold the Redhead to bought it and still owns it. I sold it to buy yet another Turkish shotgun. A Dickenson Estate also in 20 guage with 28 inch barrels. Love that gun.

Still own a Ringneck side by side with 28 inch barrels in .410. Probably never get rid of it. It's just so **** cute. Did loan it to a friend to shoot sporting clays at a competition with. He didn't have a .410 and they apparently run sub gauge matches that can contribute to your ranking. Sounds like he did OK with it. I'll probably try it in Skeet at some point.

Only ever had one problem with them. The Redhead had a problem firing the second round. Sent it back to CZ. They fixed it and returned it pronto. No fuss.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:16 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have an Upland Ultralight. The first thing I noticed was what you'd expect to notice from a 6 lb. over/under 12 gauge...RECOIL!!! Even target loads were a bit much and I'm not recoil sensitive. Had a local stock smith put on a thick Kick-EEZ pad, he took the time to measure me for length of pull and cut the stock down so I'd end up at 15" LOP with the pad installed. That improved recoil management a great deal but I was still sore the next day after shooting a round of trap. I would score pretty good (at least for me) but retired this gun from that game as I don't recover as quickly as I use to. Now its job is what it was designed for, an upland bird gun. It's been very reliable with zero fail to fire incidents. It is built to a "value" price point and I wouldn't view it as an heirloom, but I do anticipate my grandson will enjoy using it in the future as it is well built, just not as aesthetically pleasing as some others.

One other thing: the gun seemed a bit nose heavy to me so I added a pouch with about 6 ounces of split shot fishing weights in the stock. It now swings much more naturally for me and has joined my Browning BPS in the one-shot-one-kill club.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:51 PM
abizdafuzz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 20ga. O/U that is pretty nice for the money. I like it for the most part, the only real issue I have is that it doen't shoot each barrel where my Beretta's shoot. The CZ seems to shoot low with the top barrel and high with the lower barrel at about 50+ feet...
Old 02-19-2018, 09:14 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
As noted, solid guns, especially for the money. Most low priced O/U and S/S shotguns are made in Turkey. And, after a lot of trial and error, most are pretty well made now.

To ABIZDAFUZZ: Try changing out your chokes. Even Brownings sometimes are not threaded concentrically.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 PM
DTDK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I love both of of mine, and my dad love his as well
Old 02-20-2018, 09:53 AM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=ronsatspokane;10483890]They are like CZ rifles, very good value for the money. When you buy a CZ rifle you know you're not buying a Blazer. When you buy a CZ shotgun you know you're not buying a Kreighoff. I've had three (still have one).

Had a CZ shotgun. DIdn't like it at all. Sold it. The guy that bought it really likes it. Maybe like ronsatspokane indicated - since I had two Krieghoffs, I was just not happy with anything less.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Made by Huglu in Turkey for CZ, but good quality. I have a CZ 712T that is very good, not a Browning, Benelli or Beretta, but solid for casual to medium use.

I've never heard CZ shotguns are junk, people that have them like them and keep them.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:46 PM
ronsatspokane

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
[QUOTE=mongochicago;10491937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsatspokane View Post
They are like CZ rifles, very good value for the money. When you buy a CZ rifle you know you're not buying a Blazer. When you buy a CZ shotgun you know you're not buying a Kreighoff. I've had three (still have one).

Had a CZ shotgun. DIdn't like it at all. Sold it. The guy that bought it really likes it. Maybe like ronsatspokane indicated - since I had two Krieghoffs, I was just not happy with anything less.
I've got Rizzini and Beretta. Still like the CZ for what they are. If I had Kreighoff's or other shotguns that were over 10k a pop it might be a different story. Probably wouldn't even look twice at the CZ.