Kingston Armory Steel 10/22 Receivers on Gunbroker - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:18 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

When I bought mine I paid $80 each, and had to buy a group to get that price, plus shipping. They were a great deal.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Man, I regret not buying more of these when they were on sale for $67.95. Only bought two, and I paid more than that for mine. Haven't built them out yet, I've got plans for one and will save the other till I come up with a new idea.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:14 PM
bmw2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So do we know if a factory bolt will work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2019, 06:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes a Ruger 10/22 bolt well work with out any problems .

Last edited by izhm; 08-21-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:52 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have 3 of them and the only issue I have had is feeding issues with Kidd barrel's on two of them. Any other barrel seems to feed just fine. I have switched out two of them to Tactical Innovations receivers and put the Kingston receivers on a green mountain and a KSA barrel build. No issues on them at all on those and the Kidd barrels are fabulous on the TI receivers.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Ziptar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I stumbled across a deal for two barrelled actions with bolts for $200 a while back.

I haven't built them yet, they'll be winter projects. One I think I'm going to use for an M1 Carbine clone and the other I'm not sure what to build just yet.

They are good solid receivers and the parkerizing looks very good. They could use some polish inside though.

If anyone wants pictures of the Kingston bolt let me know and I'll take some pictures of one. Looks pretty much like a factory Ruger bolt though.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:36 PM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
$79.99 less 5% for code RFC +$6 shipping total $82 , I bought one.
I just ordered two!
Old 08-23-2019, 09:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garugerfan View Post
I just ordered two!
Good for you! I put mine into a bench type gun cause of the weight. put in the Shilen barrel with a JWH adjustable v block, Waiting for a rail from DIPBigger and longer than most, Jwh bolt and handle slid right in and the VQ 2000 Trigger also fit nicely. Yeah, the Brown Precision Custom Team Challenger is totally parted out. But hey thatís what we do!

This is my first non Ruger receiver, and Iím excited to see what it will do!

Good luck with yours, have fun
Old 08-23-2019, 11:19 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I think you are going to like it.

The one I built is all Kidd except the Kingston receiver.

It is a sporter, and with the steel receiver it has great balance with the Kidd tapered match sporter barrel.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:21 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
What I especially like about it is that it looks just like a factory Ruger receiver. You would have to look closely and read the roll stamps to tell the difference without actually holding it.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:27 AM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Good for you! I put mine into a bench type gun cause of the weight. put in the Shilen barrel with a JWH adjustable v block, Waiting for a rail from DIPBigger and longer than most, Jwh bolt and handle slid right in and the VQ 2000 Trigger also fit nicely. Yeah, the Brown Precision Custom Team Challenger is totally parted out. But hey thatís what we do!

This is my first non Ruger receiver, and Iím excited to see what it will do!

Good luck with yours, have fun
I have a laminated.920 channel stock (from a 10/22T) , JWH competition bolt, a BX trigger group (2.5 lbs from the factory now lightened to 1.5 lbs), and a vintage Japan made Tasco 8-32x44 target dot scope that ií m planning on using in this build. Now I just need a V block and to decide what barrel to get.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:06 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have a laminated.920 channel stock (from a 10/22T) , JWH competition bolt, a BX trigger group (2.5 lbs from the factory now lightened to 1.5 lbs), and a vintage Japan made Tasco 8-32x44 target dot scope that ií m planning on using in this build. Now I just need a V block and to decide what barrel to get.
Mines in a laminate Ruger stock from the Ruger Target Lite. Itís heavy as a sack of sand. Why they put a lite barrel into such a heavy stock is as confusing as to how a got it.

Any how, I used the JHW adjustable v block, cause I like the company, and it was on sale via eBay, they put the sale items under Jwh custom deals, as the vendor. As for a barrel , well, there are lots of choices, the only reason I have a Shilen is tat it was on another used gun I bought, and itís great. But new a bit pricey for me. Kidd is the obvious answer, but I donít have one of those yet. I have one KSA , but I bought that on close out from buds years ago for $60. The others are GM from rimfire. sports, good prices and no shipping fee. I like the bull barrel, but I think the heavy tapers are better looking. Iím sure what ever you choose will make you happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07DA5DDD-EFE2-49C6-BC70-7AA0919BBD00.jpg (471.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0EBB79B0-F251-4FF4-87D3-96B5D267ED35.jpg (478.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-24-2019, 11:14 PM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What do you folks think about threading the rear trigger group pin holes and cross pinning the receiver ala hipshot's sticky in the stocks modding forum?
Old 08-24-2019, 11:18 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
What do you folks think about threading the rear trigger group pin holes and cross pinning the receiver ala hipshot's sticky in the stocks modding forum?
Iíve never done it but threading a steel receiver would be much stronger than threading an aluminum receiver.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:23 PM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
Iíve never done it but threading a steel receiver would be much stronger than threading an aluminum receiver.
That was my thinking too. I had read thru that sticky a good while back and it seems like a good way to anchor the rear of the receiver in the stock. With this steel receiver it ought to be very stout.