Another CCI problem - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:41 PM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another CCI problem

Previously I posted - with pics - about a CCI 22 mag. case separation and how they came up with a b.s. excuse stating that the ammo must have been stored by paints or solvents. It wasn't! It was stored in a safe. Today I was shooting CCI/Speer Gold Dot 22 mags and there was a round in the box that looked like it was smashed with a hammer. Thought of sending back but then I thought about the last time and just dropped it into the bad ammo bin. I don't want to get aggravated with more lame excuses from CCI. I'll just NEVER purchase anything CCI again because as far as I am concerned, they are not a stand up company.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:54 PM
skywag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They make the most reliable ammo of any manufacturer.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM
mongochicago

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywag View Post
They make the most reliable ammo of any manufacturer.
I seriously doubt that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2017, 04:04 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would not even want to venture a guess as to how many rounds of rimfire ammo CCI has made but it is a lot. When you get billions of rounds made you will eventually have some bad ones. I have shot a lot of CCI and have had no problems but I would be a fool to think because I have not had a problem than all have the same results. Now when you say you will never buy any more CCI ammo you just might be over reacting a bit. You will cut your 22 mag selection drastically. Also If we all stopped buying a brand of ammo because of a problem this forum would be called Slingshot Central. I have problems with other brands and contacted the manufacturer and they replaced it. Another thing that I always do is politely contact them before posting it on RFC because these folks read these forums. JMHO.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:56 PM
mongochicago

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
I would not even want to venture a guess as to how many rounds of rimfire ammo CCI has made but it is a lot. When you get billions of rounds made you will eventually have some bad ones. I have shot a lot of CCI and have had no problems but I would be a fool to think because I have not had a problem than all have the same results. Now when you say you will never buy any more CCI ammo you just might be over reacting a bit. You will cut your 22 mag selection drastically. Also If we all stopped buying a brand of ammo because of a problem this forum would be called Slingshot Central. I have problems with other brands and contacted the manufacturer and they replaced it. Another thing that I always do is politely contact them before posting it on RFC because these folks read these forums. JMHO.
I don't disagree that they make enormous sums of rimfire ammo. And I know that after billions of rounds - some will be substandard. I just don't abide by making up b.s. stories to blame the end user like CCI does. And since I don't use billions of rounds, just thousands. It makes me wonder about their quality control. Especially with the case separation and a damaged cartridge with two different types of CCI products, in two different pistols, within a few months. I may be over reacting, but that return comment from them stating that they were stored near paint thinner is like a thorn in my side.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:06 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Good ammo, more for us.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:32 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had the same experience with Remington ammo. Seems to be the standard industry protocol: Deny or blame anything but manufacturing defect.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Ruger1300

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a box of cci 22 mag tnt that had a weird black film on it. I contacted them and they had me mail it back and sent me a replacement box and a free box to cover the shipping of what I paid to send it to them.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:07 PM
polarys425

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think the OP is forgetting that when he calls CCI, he isn't talking to ALL OF CCI. He's talking to ONE person, the person that happens to answer the phone. The interaction with that one person isn't always indicative of the entire company, especially large companies.

That one person could have also been fed up with people calling and blaming everything on the ammo as well. I feel sure a good portion of their calls can be attributed to user error.

I had one round of CCI .22mag that the bullet caught the edge of the brass when being seated. It tore the case neck, and the bullet actually fell out and was in the bottom of the plastic box. I said to myself, well lookie there.....hmmm... and simply tossed it.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:41 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
CCI isn't the only one that has problems. I found 3 of these in a sealed box of Winchester ammo. Called them up and they basically said that those rounds were damaged by my gun when they were stripped from the magazine and jammed. They actually said that it appeared that I was trying to scam them out of free ammo and they would not replace it.

≡✪≡
Old 12-15-2017, 07:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I would think that CCI and everybody else who makes rimfire ammo these day are pumping them out as fast as possible trying to catch up with demand from the last few years when we out here had a hard time finding anything to shoot....remember those days...no 22lr, no 22mag and the only thing that was on the shelf was 17hmr at best and even that was also hard to find in some places.

So granted they all have some ammo that goes out the door that is crap...but everybody has that. Speaking of ammo I would buy any more is Winchester 22mag...I had 4x 50 round boxes that had 5 or 6 dead rounds in each that would not fire....I tried in more than one rifle. We all expect that every round we buy will be perfect and that is not going to happen with rim fire ammo.

I shoot 95% magnum rounds (17hmr and 22mag) and I had a 550 round box of Federal 22lr 36gr HP ammo I bought long time ago before all this ammo problem started...and I almost gave a rifle away because of that. Weak rounds cause me to pull my hair out.

So yes its a pain in the backside but we are lucky to have what we have...no matter how bad the ammo is... besides your not buying competition ammo anyway which also have their problems.

just one guys opinion.

SM
Old 12-15-2017, 10:22 AM
oldbird13

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I might remove a particular manufacturer from my list if they had given me a "BS" response to a complaint regarding a firearm but to go ballistic over a $.25 round of ammo (was every one of the rounds in the package like that?) seems a bit extreme to me. I have watched videos of those machines pumping out ammo and it can make you dizzy. After seeing hundreds, if not more, posts on members satisfaction with CCI and their products, I doubt he is going to get much sympathy here.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:50 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have found defective rounds in virtually every type of rimfire ammo I have tried, and that covers a lot of ground. That includes the expensive top of the line target ammo made my Eley, etc. Finding defective rounds (or automobiles, guns, tvs, cell phones, etc.) is not what sets one manufacturer apart from the next. The percentage of defective items and customer service do. I no longer buy Thunderbolts (last brick I purchased was 100% (as in every last one) defective to the point I couldn't fire any of them in any gun. And as mentioned above, when you deal with large companies, you will sometimes get a customer service rep who should be doing something else for a living. My standard procedure nowadays is to hang up on the ones I don't like the sound of and call back and get a different one. Works almost every time.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:07 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbird13 View Post
I might remove a particular manufacturer from my list if they had given me a "BS" response to a complaint regarding a firearm but to go ballistic over a $.25 round of ammo (was every one of the rounds in the package like that?) seems a bit extreme to me.
No, only 3 rounds out of that box of 50.

≡✪≡
Old 12-15-2017, 01:36 PM
drinva

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow...

Trying to scam ammo! THAT would make me NEVER buy anything with Winchester on it ever again.

CCI is good ammo, there isn't a brand out there that's "perfect" 100% of the time.

I had some case ruptures with Remington, I sent them the ruptured cases, and the info from the box and I asked NOTHING from them. A few weeks later I got a brand new box of 500 rounds from them and a "thank you" letter for my help.

DR