Another CZ 527 - Old School Caliber - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)

Rjferber sir I too am looking at what load will work good for my CZ 527 222 rifle...since The 222 was my first CF rifle in like 20 years...I bought last year. I have always wanted a 222 I sold all my CF rifles back in 2010 to supply O/U shotguns for my 4 daughters for clay games and shooting meets.

Since that time CZ came out with a special run of varmint rifles chambered in 222 so that was the original type of rifle I wanted...I just could not let one get away. So now I have two triple Duce rifles.

My 527 Varmint in back and American up front.

Thanks everybody for your special loads I already have H322 and some Reloader 7 for reduced loads. I just need to get busy buying more bullets and some more brass. I already have a couple of brinks of primers Remington and CCi brand.

Looking forward to your report and pictures of your target. Your rifle is sweeeeeet. The more I talk about the 222 my dream of getting a 22 Hornet in a FS is getting pushed father back as far as getting one...they are so hard to find anyway.

I found something and will PM you.

Signalman
Old 06-17-2019, 04:49 PM
whtsmoke
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
Rjferber sir I too am looking at what load will work good for my CZ 527 222 rifle...since The 222 was my first CF rifle in like 20 years...I bought last year. I have always wanted a 222 I sold all my CF rifles back in 2010 to supply O/U shotguns for my 4 daughters for clay games and shooting meets.

Since that time CZ came out with a special run of varmint rifles chambered in 222 so that was the original type of rifle I wanted...I just could not let one get away. So now I have two triple Duce rifles.

My 527 Varmint in back and American up front.

Thanks everybody for your special loads I already have H322 and some Reloader 7 for reduced loads. I just need to get busy buying more bullets and some more brass. I already have a couple of brinks of primers Remington and CCi brand.

Looking forward to your report and pictures of your target. Your rifle is sweeeeeet. The more I talk about the 222 my dream of getting a 22 Hornet in a FS is getting pushed father back as far as getting one...they are so hard to find anyway.

I found something and will PM you.

Signalman
I have just started rading this section and thought I might jump in and say as always thanks for your help, but would like to suggest that you might look into loads for the deuce using ReLoader 7 powder. I tried many years ago during my benchrest days and found that it shot the best in not only my 23X45 but also my 222 rem along with the 6X47. I still have two pounds of it left from back in the early 70's , I traded a rifle i bought from a sale for a case of it since they had quit making it then. Just my worhtless two cents.