Mueller 40x - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
Can you call and use credit card over the phone?

These should be available from dealers. I dont get it? I would not want a flip up cover for a target rifle. That aside, I bet a call will get your order placed or referral to a real dealer.
Here's the phone # off their home site, get yer moola ready~ http://muelleroptics.com/contact-us/
Old 11-03-2017, 09:22 AM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maas29 View Post
I just now tried to order one of the 40X scopes from the website...no luck. Message came up Invalid Payment Method when I hit the PayPal button. Mike
Try the Kmart check cashing card you found at the fairgrounds.

Kenny
Old 11-03-2017, 01:20 PM
jnt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First trip with new Mueller's 40 power scope. First impressions are very favorable, very bright and clear edge to edge. I need sometime to get use to the thin crosshairs. This is my fourth Mueller, 3 8x32's, one mounted TCS contender. It's not a Night force but for what it cost, I get it A+ rating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 01:41 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have to admit, I dont know more than what I read about Night Force. Tactical scope?

I do have some limited experiences with ~similar Weaver, Leopold and Japanese Tascos. I wonder how this 40X stack up against those. Weaver is really the only affordable scope available in this space. Is Mueller also "Not a Weaver" but a good scope for the money? That "for the money" part is not generally taken as a positive.

Thin cross hair ok for me. I think I want it thin. And clarity sounds good. I am a little worried about the side focus. Then I dont know why. The pain with his hiX scopes is limited eye box and even the best are tough to deal with. My best, not the best. Backlash is another concern, although it can be dealt with if the adjustment does not shift. Groups size is fine, but I want to hit center.

It also seems unnecessarily large, but that maybe necessary to attract some buyers. So, I am ok with that too.

Last edited by fourbore; 11-03-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:38 AM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
Got my flip up lens covers & the elastic caps & a cleaning pen this week. I like it & think we did good.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:20 PM
gaboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
40x mueller

Got mine mounted yesterday and shot about 200 rounds. It's not as clear as my brothers night force but I didn't expect it to be. It is as clear as the 3 weaver t-36 I have. Shot at 50 yards then 100 . When going back to 50 yards I shot the last 3 shells I had left. All were X's. I'm pleased with my purchase.

Ricky
Old 11-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Flintlock28

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Got my flip up lens covers & the elastic caps & a cleaning pen this week. I like it & think we did good.
Stay away from the cleaning pens........

Regardless of what the manufacturers tell you, they can scratch. I knew a guy who worked in the Optics Industry, and he told me stay away from them.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock28 View Post
Stay away from the cleaning pens........

Regardless of what the manufacturers tell you, they can scratch.
Yeah that!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 AM
45ACP223

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Can anyone post a photo of the 40x on top of their CZ, I'd love to see what it looks like mounted up.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
8x32

I just got the 8x32;got some nice 30 mm rings on amazon. Not Vortex but close.put it on the new savage bv. Zero’d at 50 yds.clear glass ton of light,you need the sun shade.turrets very clicky , but not fine tunable.got a great deal,but really not better than my$90 barska 40 x.but way cooler looking wth mongo turrets side focus and the giant sun shade.but alas it is just a good Chinese scope not a great one. Hopefully this new one is better.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:35 PM
ArtS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Received my 40x on Tuesday. Probably won't get to shoot it for a while, but did compare it optically on a rest to several scopes I use in competition.

No comparison to Nightforce 10-50 Competition but it couldn't be. Also not as good optically as the Nightforce 8-32 and 10-40 Benchrest models I sold. The 32x just didn't have enough magnification for my old eyes.
I actually think it is better than my leupold 45X. Definitely brighter, more than the extra 5x would seem to dictate. Leupold also, in my view, has a cantankerous adjustment turret design. Crank it down too hard and it won't move without taking it apart and loosening with a wrench. Assemble it with too little torque and it won't move either. They must be in the "zone" to work.
Optically it is as good as the T36 Weaver. I have four of these, and they are my minimum standard scope. The crosshairs and dot are functionally equivalent and the brightness and field of view are better due to the 30mm tube.

It is light years ahead of the Mueller 8-32. Sharper and better field of view with a perfect reticle for benchrest. The 8-32 reticle is simply to big and heavy for benchrest.

All in all it is a bright scope (for 45x) with as near perfect a reticle for benchrest as you can find. Parallex adjusts down to 25 yds with side adjustment but scope is still light to help make weight. I don't mind objective adjustment, but with the exception of the Nightforce design, you have to be very careful about tightening them to avoid POI shift from shot to shot. I have lost matches from T36 shot to shot drift, always traced to not tightening the Parallex or focus locks enough.

So far I am very impressed with the one I got. If the clicks are accurate and repeatable and the adjustment range is adequate, this could become the budget benchrest standard. At $259 with no tax or shipping, this could be a real sleeper.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:50 AM
JBLee

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Anyone going to try this scope on a heavier caliber? .308 maybe? Do you think it will hold up? I ordered one and thought it might be worth a try on a Savage I have that is a really accurate rifle. Just fooling around I guess. At the very least it should make a really excellent.17 scope.

Last edited by JBLee; 12-02-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:51 PM
JBLee

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Well, it makes a great .17 scope. I love it.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:13 PM
rfhall11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLee View Post
Well, it makes a great .17 scope. I love it.
Love that avatar. I listen to this album prolly at least once a month.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:16 AM
JBLee

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I have all their stuff, greatest band you never heard of!