Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Stick & String
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Flylow, so how does the Mueller 40x look in person? Decent build quality/finish? It will be interesting to see how the 40x fine reticle with dot compare to the 36x Sightron you just mounted up.........
Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 PM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
Haven't seen the box, never got an e-mail about the scope caps, never got a call back. Told me to take a hike over no redeipt. Hope the scope is better than the service I've received from Mueller each time I contact them.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:50 AM
2labradors

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Received my 40x yesterday, only had a couple minutes to look at it before had to leave will have more time to check it out Sunday first impressions it looks to have clearer Glass than my weaver t36's, nice appearance. will post more on Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2017, 11:04 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MY recent burn was the best focus was not the point of zero parallax. it is a killer problem and a surprise. Could that be QC?

Then the usual issue, eye box. Even a just a little more is very helpful with any over 24x scope.

The box test is fine. It will also tell you something to move up 4 clicks and them move up 4 more then move down 4. That backlash 'maybe' the amount the poi might jump around at the worse time. I am no expert, I image the movement could be tight and still have some back lash. That would easy to compensate for and live with.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:32 PM
MUELLER OPTICS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
MY recent burn was the best focus was not the point of zero parallax. it is a killer problem and a surprise. Could that be QC?
If you still have evident parallax with the side focus set at the clearest view, then your reticle focus in the rear is still a little off. Both the reticle and the view must be on the same focus plane to eliminate parallax. Both the reticle and view can even be out of focus and you can still be parallax free as long as they are in focus with each other. (same focus plane). So if you still have evident parallax, one is still not in focus with the other.. The higher the scope power, the more fine tuning is required because parallax is much more noticeable.. Turn your eyepiece focus a little more one way or the other and it should help. This may require refocusing the side just a little because readjusting the rear focus can throw the image out of focus a little too.. Once you get the rear focus set, you will be golden at different ranges by just having to adjust the side focus for the different yardage..
Old 10-07-2017, 01:49 PM
MUELLER OPTICS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Haven't seen the box, never got an e-mail about the scope caps, never got a call back. Told me to take a hike over no redeipt. Hope the scope is better than the service I've received from Mueller each time I contact them.
Sorry we didn't call you back, I seen the answer you left about a question regarding the new scope but then seen your order come in so I assumed you found the answer you were looking for.. If you still have a question, feel free to call me first thing Monday from 9am-11am EST. After that I'm usually involved with other departments and may be a little harder to reach. The only email we sent out included the tracking number but we did put a note right on the box about the scope caps shipping at a later date
Thanks
Rich
Old 10-07-2017, 02:10 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUELLER OPTICS View Post
If you still have evident parallax with the side focus set at the clearest view, then your reticle focus in the rear is still a little off. Both the reticle and the view must be on the same focus plane to eliminate parallax. Both the reticle and view can even be out of focus and you can still be parallax free as long as they are in focus with each other. (same focus plane). So if you still have evident parallax, one is still not in focus with the other.. The higher the scope power, the more fine tuning is required because parallax is much more noticeable.. Turn your eyepiece focus a little more one way or the other and it should help. This may require refocusing the side just a little because readjusting the rear focus can throw the image out of focus a little too.. Once you get the rear focus set, you will be golden at different ranges by just having to adjust the side focus for the different yardage..
I did not know there was an interaction between main focus & parallax with the rear focus. The though the rear was just for a sharp reticle. This makes sense. I may have sold out on-the-cheep a good usable scope. No maybe, probably. Live and learn.

I thank you very much for that lesson.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Stick & String

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Flylow or 2labradors, any updates on opinion when you unboxed it? Rings used to mount it, etc.?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:56 PM
2labradors

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick & String View Post
Flylow or 2labradors, any updates on opinion when you unboxed it? Rings used to mount it, etc.?
Just got back from camping was going to mount scope going through my box of rings didn't have any that will work. But just looking over scope it looks very well made, Glass is clear edge to edge, reticle and dot look perfect to me. Turret adjustments are crisp. Overall it looks to be an excellent scope will be able to judge better once it's mounted.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:51 PM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
Looks good to me, haven't mounted or shot behind it but has a nice finish, is clear & IMHO looks like a winner.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:08 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick & String View Post
Just a bump up on a topic of interest.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:13 PM
2labradors

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have had a chance to use the 40x a few times now and I will have to say for the 260.00 it is a lot more than I expected. I am usually a weaver or vortexx guy. I have around 20 weaver's mostly grand slams and t36's. Now back to the 40x it is nice and clear edge to edge, seems to track really well. Can't really find anything to complain about at all, dot and reticle are nice and sharp. Although the dot on the t36 is seems easier to see. Would I buy another one? At this point, Yes.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:11 PM
Nosnil22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Ok, so what happened to these?
Not listed on Mueller's website, nor for sale anywhere that I can find.
I'm a fan of their scopes and want to learn more about this one since used T36s are getting spendy.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 10-19-2017, 05:30 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2labradors View Post
I have had a chance to use the 40x a few times now and I will have to say for the 260.00 it is a lot more than I expected. I am usually a weaver or vortexx guy. I have around 20 weaver's mostly grand slams and t36's. Now back to the 40x it is nice and clear edge to edge, seems to track really well. Can't really find anything to complain about at all, dot and reticle are nice and sharp. Although the dot on the t36 is seems easier to see. Would I buy another one? At this point, Yes.
Is the eye box or eye placement same or one than other between the T36 and Weaver 40x?

And yes Nosil22, I see they have come off the Mueller web page I never did find any other source. It is new, maybe they a hit a snag?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:31 PM
MUELLER OPTICS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosnil22 View Post
Ok, so what happened to these?
Not listed on Mueller's website, nor for sale anywhere that I can find.
I'm a fan of their scopes and want to learn more about this one since used T36s are getting spendy.

Cheers,
Dave
The flip-ups and scope covers should be ready next week. We decided to pull the scope from the website for the time being so we can ship everything together.. We apologize for the delay to those that have already purchased and haven't received the flip-ups and scope covers yet, they are expected to ship the early part of next week and we are also including a FREE GIFT for your wait.. By then we will have the new scope listed again too.. Sorry for the inconvenience