Mueller 40x - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-03-2017, 07:54 PM
'ol shooter's Avatar
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
So Cal
Posts: 
8,759
TPC Rating: 
100% (124)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Just don't lose your receipt or Mueller won't even talk to you.
That was certainly not true in my case. I bought a Mueller from a member, and the windage adjustment was broken, in other words, one of our own ripped me off. I called Mueller and the owner answered. I explained the situation, told him I had no receipt, and submitted it for a repair inspection. I called back after they received it, and they notified me that the scope was not repairable. I was given the option of receiving the broken scope back, or paying $70 shipped for a new replacement. I though that was more than fair.

In addition, an esteemed member here that was well known for his custom stocks ripped me off by putting a junk Mueller Eradicator on top of a "project" along with other questionable parts, and selling it as a complete rifle less a barrel. I got him to send me an e-mail stating that he had received the scope as payment for producing a custom stock for Mueller to show on their home page. The owner gave me a brand new scope for free after I forwarded the e-mail to him.
Maybe something has changed recently, but all I can say is they have been very fair with me.
I own half a dozen Mueller's along with many expensive optics, and they are very good for the price in my experience.
__________________
Bob B.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:03 AM
flylo's Avatar
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Michigan
Posts: 
4,226
TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
'ol Shooter, I must not have talked to the owner as they wouldn't fix it, or replace it for a fee short of full list price. Here's their warranty http://muelleroptics.com/limited-lifetime-warranty/ & a couple exerts
The warranty is transferable and we do NOT require a registration card to be completed however we do require a copy of the original purchase receipt (proof of purchase), which must be from an Authorized Mueller Optics Dealer (sorry no exceptions) .
1. Before packing your scope up for return, be sure to fully examine the scope and mounting tube for any damage. If there is any residue left on the tube from your rings, please be sure to remove this first and then re-examine the tube for any tube damage left by the rings. Any tube damage, including dents, dings or impressions left by the rings will void the warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:15 AM
2labradors

Join Date: 
Jun 2016
Posts: 
100
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Scope should be here Friday afternoon according to UPS tracking. Hopefully get a chance Sunday to give it a test.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #19  
Old 10-05-2017, 06:11 AM
maas29
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2011
Location: 
Virginia
Posts: 
25
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the Mueller 8X32 Target Dot. My only complaint was that the dot was a little too large for competition bench shooting, however, the clarity was better than my Weaver and darn close to my Leupold. I always said that if they built a 40X with a .125 dot then I would be in for one....no excuses now. As for saving the receipt...I just put it the box and throw it in the closet with the rest of the scope boxes. I will be looking forward to a review...this might be huge to guys on my side of the tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-05-2017, 06:59 AM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
NewEngland,USA
Posts: 
4,449
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
'ol Shooter, I must not have talked to the owner as they wouldn't fix it, or replace it for a fee short of full list price. Here's their warranty http://muelleroptics.com/limited-lifetime-warranty/ & a couple exerts
The warranty is transferable and we do NOT require a registration card to be completed however we do require a copy of the original purchase receipt (proof of purchase), which must be from an Authorized Mueller Optics Dealer (sorry no exceptions) .
1. Before packing your scope up for return, be sure to fully examine the scope and mounting tube for any damage. If there is any residue left on the tube from your rings, please be sure to remove this first and then re-examine the tube for any tube damage left by the rings. Any tube damage, including dents, dings or impressions left by the rings will void the warranty.
This is misleading. If I buy a used scope, I need to request the seller gives me his receipt. WHY? Are people stealing the scopes from the factory? No. All the scopes out in circulation were purchased by some one. What does the paper prove? If a dealer is not authorized, did he steal them from Mueller? AGAIN NO. The receipt is just a loop hole. The name on the scope, should be the guarantee. I would prefer the scope cost $10 less and carry a 1 year limited (no abuse) warranty to original owner. Less aggravation than this type of red tape, IMHO.

I will buy the scope if it get good reviews. This scope would never be hunted with. Stories of broken adjustments are not encouraging. This should be an extremely rare event. I will keep the receipt in the box. I have sent back leupolds but those were abused way beyond mounting damage. Flat out bent, lens broke, obsolete models - then I pay up front for that when I buy one.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-05-2017, 07:32 AM
drknite

Join Date: 
Jan 2015
Location: 
Southeast Texas on Lake Sabine
Posts: 
785
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I would also like to see a report. Anyone trying this scope please post a report on your findings. I have a 8x32 but old eyes could always use more power.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2011
Location: 
NLV
Posts: 
3,865
TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
This is misleading. If I buy a used scope, I need to request the seller gives me his receipt. WHY? Are people stealing the scopes from the factory? No. All the scopes out in circulation were purchased by some one. What does the paper prove? If a dealer is not authorized, did he steal them from Mueller? AGAIN NO. The receipt is just a loop hole. The name on the scope, should be the guarantee. I would prefer the scope cost $10 less and carry a 1 year limited (no abuse) warranty to original owner. Less aggravation than this type of red tape, IMHO.

I will buy the scope if it get good reviews. This scope would never be hunted with. Stories of broken adjustments are not encouraging. This should be an extremely rare event. I will keep the receipt in the box. I have sent back leupolds but those were abused way beyond mounting damage. Flat out bent, lens broke, obsolete models - then I pay up front for that when I buy one.
A few years back, Mueller rejected a shipment from the factory that made the scopes because they didn't pass their QC. well someone got a hold of that shipment and started selling them on the open market.
this is why they will only honor purchases from authorize dealers, as the dealers were aware of the rejected shipment and did not have any in their inventory.
and to prove it was bought from a authorize deal the receipt is the best means.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Stick & String's Avatar
Stick & String
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2003
Location: 
Sunny South
Posts: 
87
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
If in doubt, go to Mueller's website, they list all authorized dealers, including on-line sales.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:16 AM
MUELLER OPTICS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
Join Date: 
Feb 2006
Posts: 
72
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a heads up on the shipment of these new 40x56 scopes. The flip-ups and the lens covers arrived the day before our promised ship date and we found the flip-ups were a very poor fit and the lens covers were all damaged so we are having to ship just these 2 accessories at a latter date. Were trying to nail down a lead-time and I will follow up as soon as I know an exact date when these will ship out. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience but we didn't want to hold up the orders just for these 2 accessories.. There is a note on every order that explains this too.. Again we apologize for this inconvenience and thank everyone for your patience, understanding and support!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:49 AM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

Join Date: 
Nov 2008
Location: 
Northwestern Virginia
Posts: 
6,839
TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maas29 View Post
I have the Mueller 8X32 Target Dot. My only complaint was that the dot was a little too large for competition bench shooting, however, the clarity was better than my Weaver and darn close to my Leupold. I always said that if they built a 40X with a .125 dot then I would be in for one....no excuses now. As for saving the receipt...I just put it the box and throw it in the closet with the rest of the scope boxes. I will be looking forward to a review...this might be huge to guys on my side of the tracks.
Your side of the tracks? Don't you use a limo service for transportation? Or, do you "borrow" zero turn mowers from the lawn care service? Just because the guy shook his head yes and said Si, doesn't mean he understood when you asked to drive it. You do know you can't drive that in the bicycle lane don't you?

I know you mentioned awhile back that Mueller should get into this market. Looks like they did! If this scope has good glass, the clicks are repeatable, and the cross hair isn't too thick, I'm getting one. Would really love it if they had a model with a fine cross hair and no dot.

Still have one of the APV scopes and love that thing. Hope these pan out.

Kenny
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:13 AM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
NewEngland,USA
Posts: 
4,449
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
A few years back, Mueller rejected a shipment from the factory that made the scopes because they didn't pass their QC. well someone got a hold of that shipment and started selling them on the open market.
this is why they will only honor purchases from authorize dealers, as the dealers were aware of the rejected shipment and did not have any in their inventory.
and to prove it was bought from a authorize deal the receipt is the best means.
So, any used Mueller (or offered on amazon or ebay) is suspect because it might have gone out the back door of some Chinese factory? That makes sense, I would not expect Leupold to warranty a fake. I been able to spot the Leupolds. In the Meuller case they are actual factory guns. Cost of doing business in china. Not to blame Mueller, I would not be following this thread if not for the price/performance optimism.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-06-2017, 09:20 AM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
NewEngland,USA
Posts: 
4,449
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUELLER OPTICS View Post
Just a heads up on the shipment of these new 40x56 scopes. The flip-ups and the lens covers arrived the day before our promised ship date and we found the flip-ups were a very poor fit and the lens covers were all damaged so we are having to ship just these 2 accessories at a latter date. Were trying to nail down a lead-time and I will follow up as soon as I know an exact date when these will ship out. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience but we didn't want to hold up the orders just for these 2 accessories.. There is a note on every order that explains this too.. Again we apologize for this inconvenience and thank everyone for your patience, understanding and support!!
The man him self!

Any chance to see a 24x40 fixed target grade scope? These are good for silhouette or 50 yard rimfire bench shooting. Less critical eye relief and less bulk. Far better clarity for dollar than a 6-24x which is dialed to the max all the time anyway. A more appropriate target scope with a 22lr. IMHO, sadly.

Quote:
Would really love it if they had a model with a fine cross hair and no dot.
You would think this was obvious. Then Weaver has the same problem x10. We are not shooting zombies on this forum. All these execs should serve an apprenticeship at Leupold.

Last edited by fourbore; 10-06-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:17 AM
azshot
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2005
Location: 
Arizona
Posts: 
582
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
That was certainly not true in my case....
On the Muller lifetime warranty, I got burned by not keeping my receipt. I bought a new Eradicator then went overseas for about 4.5 years. The rifle remained in a dry, indoor safe. The scope outgassed from the lubes or something, and got fogged horribly. I called the Muller owner, he said sorry, you lose. No receipt, no warranty.
I've been complaining about it publicly for years, as I warned him I would. I note now they say on their website "you must keep your receipt." Maybe your response of getting closer to the advertised lifetime warranty is also showing more change.

But I would never buy another Mueller scope. My 20, 30, 40 and 50 year old quality scopes in the safe didn't fog. The Mueller is the only one I've EVER had fog. You get what you pay for.

Big, Cheap, and Quality
Pick any two.

Last edited by azshot; 10-06-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:56 AM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
NewEngland,USA
Posts: 
4,449
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azshot View Post
On the Muller lifetime warranty, I got burned by not keeping my receipt. I bought a new Eradicator then went overseas for about 4.5 years. The rifle remained in a dry, indoor safe. The scope outgassed from the lubes or something, and got fogged horribly. I called the Muller owner, he said sorry, you lose. No receipt, no warranty.
I've been complaining about it publicly for years, as I warned him I would. I note now they say on their website "you must keep your receipt." Maybe your response of getting closer to the advertised lifetime warranty is also showing more change.

But I would never buy another Mueller scope. My 20, 30, 40 and 50 year old quality scopes in the safe didn't fog. The Mueller is the only one I've EVER had fog. You get what you pay for.

Big, Cheap, and Quality
Pick any two.
Another discouraging word. I dont want a warranty like this. Just give me a limited time and cut the price. Well, then how much can a warranty be costing a company if they never payout? In this case a life time is a lot shorter time frame. I think what we really have is a china problem coupled with a tone deaf management.

I got a Tasco 6-24 that was ok for the pittance charged. So; I got another one. Not the same. Same "made in china" . Blurry focus when I null out the parallax and almost maxed out the windage due to some internal goof up. Back to Mueller - What good is a review if the factory is dishonest? You cannot QC check everything or every scope. There is no honor or integrity with these Chinese sources.

I got some of those 50 year old scopes, Lyman, Leupold, Baush & Lomb all still good. The old Leupold, still under a real warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 PM
flylo's Avatar
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Nov 2013
Location: 
Michigan
Posts: 
4,226
TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
I ordered the 40x & it came in late today. I called Mueller on weds with no call back, glad they had time to post here. I just mounted a used 36x Sightron very fine X-hairs with a 1/8 min dot. I have it almost sighted in at 200 yards. I was using a 4x12 hitting golf balls now they look huge & I like the scope. The Mueller has 50 moa horiz & vertical. We shall see & I shouldn't have any warranty problems this time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x