Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 AM
dullone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotalusCo View Post
I know this thread is old but there are now video on henry website
http://henryrepeating.com/henry-rifle-maintenance.cfm
These Henry tutorials are some of the best I've seen from any manufacturer. Clear, concise, and visually informative.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Fotheringill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am floored after watching the Henry video. It is tops.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM
tnaka

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey,

I just disassembled my henry h001tm using the guide video they had on their website for h001. It's extremely helpfull, only question mark i had is that the carrier feed lever, which is different in design that the one in the video. Also the carrier feed lever stud seems to be missing. I suppose its normal, but sure hope i can but it back together. In this model the carrier feed lever is connected to the lever.

But anyways, excellent video from henry's! Wouldn't had dared to start disassembly without it.

Btw... Can i put the gun back together without the bolt? I don't own a gun safe yet and i'm required to keep an essential part (i.e. the bolt) in different place.

edit: well finally got it back together. It was bit different than the h001, as i earlier said, the carrier feed lever was different and the stud was missing. It was a bit of a pain in the a** getting it back together. I needed to keep pressure on the carrier spring and tube so i could attach it to the lever and the lever to the frame. Otherwise it was about the same as in the video.

Does anyone have a good trick keeping the spring down while installing feed lever to the lever and frame.

The assembly doesn't seem to mind that the bolt is missing... Do i risk rusting it if i keep it in an airtight plast bag?

Last edited by tnaka; 08-28-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 PM
flagman1776
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Ithaca is a Model 72 "Saddle Gun". I still own the one I bought new in 1979. It is marked "Made in Germany" so no proof who actually made it.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Shooter1990

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did not see this one

http://www.henryrifles.com/henry-ins...del-h004-22lr/

8 part video.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:14 PM
ctxflyer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile Henry Rifles

There are several new videos on the Henry website. They have one on the cleaning of their firearms. Excellent videos...
Old 06-29-2015, 03:27 PM
303lithgow
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaka View Post
Hey,

I just disassembled my henry h001tm using the guide video they had on their website for h001. It's extremely helpfull, only question mark i had is that the carrier feed lever, which is different in design that the one in the video. Also the carrier feed lever stud seems to be missing. I suppose its normal, but sure hope i can but it back together. In this model the carrier feed lever is connected to the lever.

But anyways, excellent video from henry's! Wouldn't had dared to start disassembly without it.

Btw... Can i put the gun back together without the bolt? I don't own a gun safe yet and i'm required to keep an essential part (i.e. the bolt) in different place.

edit: well finally got it back together. It was bit different than the h001, as i earlier said, the carrier feed lever was different and the stud was missing. It was a bit of a pain in the a** getting it back together. I needed to keep pressure on the carrier spring and tube so i could attach it to the lever and the lever to the frame. Otherwise it was about the same as in the video.

Does anyone have a good trick keeping the spring down while installing feed lever to the lever and frame.

The assembly doesn't seem to mind that the bolt is missing... Do i risk rusting it if i keep it in an airtight plast bag?
On the magnum the lever attaches to the lever pivot pin. On the left is a .22LR and on the right is a .22WMR.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:06 PM
VietnamVet
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
Big Loop and others:

Big Loop;

The tear down procedure that I posted earlier was, as I can best remember, originally posted by Fugger Nutter.

My first Henry found it’s way home about five years ago. I have no idea how many rounds have gone through it. The important thing is that anytime I wanted to use it, it was there and ready to be used. It was and still is more accurate than I am so I have no complaints about it. As I mentioned earlier, for some obscure reason, I now own six Henrys. I have been diagnosed with terminal Henryitus. Not a bad way to go I guess.

As far as the plastic sight is concerned, I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. It’s plastic. So what? It sits up there on the front of the barrel and does what it’s supposed to do with no muss and no fuss. It doesn’t rust or corrode. It just simply sits there and provides a visual reference and locates and secures the magazine which is what it’s supposed to do.

Of the six Henrys that I own, the only problem that I have ever had was a jammed bullet in my H003 Pump gun that required the removal of the receiver cover in order to get it dislodged. This was no big deal. I think I spent about half an hour or so working on it and then took it back out and spent the rest of the afternoon shooting it. It would seem to me that the Henrys are not only fun to use and reliable, they are also quick and easy to repair.

I could go on and on here but I think that I will just leave it at this. I’ve bought and paid for six Henrys and as far as I’m concerned, I’ve more than received fair value for the money spent. They are certainly not cheap junk nor are they in any way related to Saturday Night Specials.

I’ve enjoyed using these rifles over the years that I’ve owned them and I’m looking forward to enjoying them for a lot of years to come.

Old Blue

Old Blue, you are not alone with contracting the disease " Henryitus "

I now own 2 Henrys, a H006 .44 Magnum Big Boy and a H004M .22 Magnum Golden Boy. The sickness, if you will, has bitten me badly.

I intend to buy the H010B 45-70 brass model as well as the H011B original 1860
model as soon as I can.

You are so correct. Once any firearm lover actually uses or puts his hands on a Henry more times than not, it's all over but the crying.

As a Vietnam combat veteran and one who knows a little about firearms I have to say that one would be hard pressed to find better lever guns by anyone.
Being a big fan of lever guns I have shot or owned many different brands. Winchester, Marlin, Rossi, Uberti, so on and so on. While they are also pretty good weapons, my Henry's are in my opinion, the best out there. Not to mention the best looking. Also unlike some of the others they are made right here in the USA by American workers with every single part down to the last screw obtained right here as well. THAT is what will make this great country of ours great again if every business owner would do what Anthony Imperato does and not sell us out by trying to make bigger profits using cheaper labor and imported parts which
is another reason I am a devoted Henry owner.

So I am happy to have this wonderful disease... Henryitus

Last edited by VietnamVet; 05-10-2016 at 10:03 AM.