IZH46M; photos and links - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Ed333
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
lubrication?

Newbie question; maybe I am comprehension impaired, but I cannot locate with certainty the 'cup' that you are supposed to oil. On the top of the cylinder there is a slot, but access to it is hampered by the superimposed barrel. Is there where the pellgun oil is applied?
Also, cleaning the bore, I have used a .17 cal. boresnake, with RemOil applied to the rear flossing end. Sound OK? I gather I should use only Pellgun oil for lubing the cylinder, but wondered what to use for bore cleaning.
The only other cleaning i have done is external wipedown with silicon cloth.
thanks, Ed
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
1z4u2c
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
I've had 3 Izzy's but don't currently have one to look at.... But as i recall if you turn the gun over and extend the cocking arm as far as it will go (plus a little) you will expose the "cup" you're speaking of. Or aleast a tiny bit of it...
That,s where i would squirt some ssp oil. As for Rem oil (even though you are not technically putting it in the chamber) most would shy away from getting combustable oil too close to their ssp's compression chamber...Good Shooting!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IZH-46M Muti-Stroke Pneumatic Conversion Project ... Some Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
MAC1 was experimenting with converting the -46 to a multi-stroke pneumatic.
I found this post, which I missed, by mac-1 Tim...Expand Thread on Dec 31, 2009 4:46 PM
Lucked out again Expand Thread on Dec 16, 2009 10:11 PM
But sadly, the project is currently on-hold.
Mac1 Airguns Expand Thread on Apr 11, 2010 12:09 AM
For quite sometime, I've been periodically surveying The Mac1 AIRGUN site ... nothing new.
However, there appears that some progress on an IZH-46M MSP conversion kit is being made.
A drop-in Multi-Stroke conversion for the IZH-46M. Expand Thread - Steve in NC on May 12, 2012, 6:49 PM
Old 01-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Snowwolfe
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Been researching this pistol and find it fascinating. I currently own a Daisy (not sure what model) target pistol I bought about 30 years ago that is capable of 1/4 inch groups or better at 10 meters. Downfall is it seems pretty slow as the last chipmunk I killed was only about 10 feet away and took a couple of pellets to kill.

I don't mind spending $600 for one of these if the accuracy is there. Are they capable of basically one hole groups at 10 meters if the shooter can do his part? Can they really reach 500 fps?
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Ed333
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
very accurate

Yes, they are that accurate, and yes, they will reach 500 fps. I shoot in a winter indoor league and postal league, and at least half of the top shooters are using Baikals.
My friend just received his from Pyramyd Air, after trying mine for a while, and is bragging that his trigger is better than mine...LOL...our club has a couple of high end PCP loaners, including a Hammerli and a Feinwerkbau, and I shoot better with my Baikal. It really likes Vogel orange match pellets.
As for varmint control, I think I would stick with a rifle for that, I think it is apples and oranges. Not saying that a well placed head shot with a .17 cal pellet wouldn't do the trick, I just prefer a bit more impact.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Snowwolfe
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thanks for the comments, looks like another $600 out of the gun fund. I agree about not using them for varmit control but sometimes the pistol was easier to get to and the Daisy was very quiet.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:06 AM
ScottEdvin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful air pistols. I have Crosman 357W. It can shoots a heavier projectile and less air waste with each shot due to the single shot, enclosed chamber design. Out of the box, accuracy is perfect.