First time in a while - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
First time in a while

My daughter wrote a song with that title, but that's another story. I took my CM-2 to the range yesterday and it was the first time I've shot it since the last match of last season (late November). The wind was gusty, switchy and relentless and I still was able to shoot clean at 50 yards from prone. I also took my TOZ 78 and my CZ Trainer to do a little practice for light rifle and I find the TOZ is ergonomically better for shooting offhand. Trigger geometry is better and more predictable. I'm still in love with my CZ's, but the TOZ will be my match rifle in Light Rifle competition this year, assuming that I'll shoot at all.
I have taken over as match director for the light rifle matches and am doing what I can to delegate as much of the work as possible. Anyone in driving distance of Atlanta will find a very friendly crowd of shooters at our rimfire matches and we will be hosting a total of 23 various rimfire matches this year.
We have 11 NRA sanctioned prone matches, four 200 yd rimfire prone matches and 8 NRA sanctioned light Rifle matches (offhand only) and we also have rimfire benchrest run by fellow rfc'er rayjay. This all takes place at Riverbend Gun Club http://www.rbgc.org/
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 PM
midwest swiss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for checking in....Charlotte.
Sound like a busy shooting season for 2011 for you.
Thats interesting about your TOZ & your CZ.
I trade off with my TOZ & my CZ's and I am sure you do too.

Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 02-24-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Bolero
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (43)
Informative

Charlotte, I visited your clubs website and found it to be very informative and useful, thanks for posting...specially the Rimfire page.
B