Daisy Avanti 853 Received!!! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I, like many others here recommend the trigger work. It helped me immensely! I started with a heavy gritty trigger with lots of creep ( it felt like I was pulling two pieces of course sandpaper across each other and the creep felt like 3/16th of an inch. Try keeping it on target while pulling the trigger through that much gritty travel!) and some over travel. I ended up with smooth as glass pull, almost no creep and less over travel.
Good luck. I like what you did with the sights, but I installed a scope since I was only one of about 3 people in my air gun league that was shooting open sights. Just didn't seem 'fair'.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Dr. Internet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Charlotte,
I also have a 753 and put a 4x scope on it, too. However, I could never get the scope adjusted to shoot high enough (barrel droop?). I tried several different scopes. Someone suggested that I get some height adjustable scope rings. Did you have a similar problem?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
As a matter of fact I now have the cheapest of all possible scopes on my 753. I am using a Tasco 3-7X20 that cost about $15-20 new and it is just fine. Not the greatest or brightest but for what I'm doing in my basement it is just fine.
I didn't have any problems with the 4X scope, I just wanted to lower the line of sight with the smaller scope. This cheap little Tasco is not giving me any problems and I may try it on one of my CZ's.