Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 12:38 PM
RimfireGimp

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Stinger Test Results (16)

yep and i think you can even thread a barrel on if you want to. only drawback to moa receivers is that some people have received them w/a crappy finish. its no biggie though. if you get a rough one, theyre easy to buff up to a shine. i personally like the light aluminum and have found a way to convert the stock receivers to dual take down screw lugs. if you havent seen my posts in 10/22 action forum, check it out...you might like what ive done. instead of just getting a receiver for $170, you can get a whole gun at that price and for a couple bucks more have a dual lug, free floated tack driver

to each his own, however. i can see why itd be nice to have a ss receiver despite the weight.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:03 PM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post 10/22 Torque Values

Gentlemen,

When I pursued this with "Ruger" Customer Service, three levels from 'representative' to 'manager' gave me the same programmed answer: "Hand tight".

I recommend the following: [Both are #12-24 thread] [5/32" Allen on the V-Block screws]
0 2 Barrel V-Block Screws : 20 Inch Pounds
0 Take Down Screw [B-65]: 30 Inch Pounds

If you are using a "WeaponKraft" T - Handle Allen wrench, when it begins to 'flex' in the shaft, that is "just right"...! !

I do not believe that "LocTite" is necessary on either screw, but if you must, use "LocTite" #242 [Medium - Blue] or a similar product.

Hope this helps...! !

Old 09-29-2003, 08:04 AM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post Volquartsen Barrels

Gentlemen,

Here is a Thread with the cleaning and care of the Volquartsen Barrels discussed:

Volquartsen Barrels < < Link

Old 09-29-2003, 08:08 AM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post Stinger verses Target Chambered Barrels

Gentlemen,

Here is a Link to the Thread that discusses the difference between "Stinger verses Target Chambered Barrels":

Stinger verses Target Chambered Barrels < < Link

Old 09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post 10/22 Barrel References [ New ! ]

Gentlemen,

I have consolidated the four "Sticky" Posts into this one "10/22 Barrel Reference" in order to make the viewing of the Posts in the "10/22 Stocks & Barrels" Forum easier.

Should you have any problems, please contact me via PM.

Closed Thread