Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:05 AM
Tailwheel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
CZ Fullstock Centerfire

Forgive me for posting a centerfire thread but this is the CZ forum.

Does anyone else wish they had known about the CZ BRNO Effect Full Stock single shot rifle? I sure do! They are discontinued and I've yet to locate one but i regularly keep my eyes peeled!

They are such an attractive rifle. Do you have one? How does it shoot? Tell us all about it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wm_5661395.jpg (473.7 KB, 22 views)

Patrick
Old 10-20-2019, 10:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Tailwheel sir you should post this down in the Center fire rifle section before JEE moves it for you and I...its the best place this to be.

Signalman
Old 10-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Done. Thanks

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 10:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Tailwheel sir thank you for moving this....good job.

Now to answer your question I found out about them by accident some one had one for sale and posted it on Gun Broker and by the time I found it...it was above my pay grade. No matter the one I saw had a double trigger set up if IIRC and was in I think 243 win caliber I might be wrong about that. it was a beautiful rifle that I would love to own...so nice. I am going off of memory...so my facts might be a little fuzzy.

Good luck on finding one and if you do we need lots of pictures my friend...and one from you with a super big smile...you know one that I would have to wear sun glasses.

Signalman
Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
I was dragging my feet on moving it... to give it a little love before I did.

I put a move notice up in CZ, so it will get some more views.

Last edited by JEE; 10-20-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:13 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've never handled one but there are at least a couple of members here who own these, or have owned them in the past. Back about 4 or 5 years ago when CZ was clearing out the last of these production units a seller had them on offer for a little under $700, and another for about $860, IIRC. I almost ordered one, but the scope mounting options didn't suit me too well so I was able to resist.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:19 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Tailwheel sir the more I look at this rifle the more I want one...that thing is so sweeeeeeeeet looking. I bet it handles like no other rifle...it reminds me of my older brother long barrel Kentucky rifle which is 5 feet long maybe longer but has the balance of gold.

A rifle like that would really make me smile.

anyway thanks for asking about this. I have got to run this morning.

Signalman
Old 10-20-2019, 11:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6turbo View Post
I've never handled one but there are at least a couple of members here who own these, or have owned them in the past. Back about 4 or 5 years ago when CZ was clearing out the last of these production units a seller had them on offer for a little under $700, and another for about $860, IIRC. I almost ordered one, but the scope mounting options didn't suit me too well so I was able to resist.
I6turbo sir could you explain about the scope mounting concerns?

SM
Old 10-20-2019, 01:26 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
It just my luck. Iím late to the party. Thatís what happens when you let work and career get in the way of having fun. Iíve missed my boys growing up too but Iím trying to make up some of that as two of them are pretty stoked about the CZ collection so far.

Same with all these cool full stock options that were available 15+- years ago.

But, I love a good hunt. Iíll find one sooner or later. Iíll let you know too Todd so you can get one too.

I6, I too would like to know more about the scope options.

Thanks all!

Patrick
Old 10-20-2019, 02:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Tailwheel sir what are these FS your talking about...I have no clue what your talking about

Trust me once you have one in your hands nothing else even comes close.

Just be careful don't even put them in the same place like a safe because they multiply like rabbits.

They will make you smile like never before.

Signalman
Old 10-20-2019, 03:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have shot the SS Effect, nice rifle. But I decided to buy the double barrel BRNO/CZ
Stomper. It is similar to the single with double set triggers; I think it is the same trigger mech on the single barrel, rack one sets, and front one fires.

CZ USA only imported the Stomper in 458 win mag. I have a 416 mag for Africa, so I ordered mine from Chech in 8x57; more USA usable. I've killed a lot os deer and bear with that rifle. It shoots sub MOA with full power Euro loads (Norma Vulcan).

Both of these breaak action rifles came in std or FS models. If you find a std model it should be easy to get a new FS forearm made to fit it.

good luck, you might try checking with Cabela's "Library Gun Room".
Old 10-20-2019, 04:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They still sell the double barrel model in Europe. There it is called the Express, not the Stomper. they did away with the set triggers instead using a single trigger with recoil operated change for 2nd shot. It can be bought as a double rifle, double shotgun or as a combo (one rifle barrel/one shotgun barrel). The single trigger is used on the combo also; so you must select which shotgun/rifle you want first. Any FFL can import one; but most FFLs don't know how or don't want to have a little more paper work.

There are also many Effects that were sold in Europe; doubles and singles are preferred there. You might find a used Effect there.

Scope mounts are a problem for any foreign rifle. When I bought my BRNO single and the double I ordered the mount with it. After market, in this country mounts are expensive and difficult to find. The Effect scope mount IS still available in Europe. I have one on my double now (just screwws on, no proble). Only negative can be scope front lens clearance. I have a 2-7x Leupold (32-34mm) on mine works perfect.

Mounts for single and double CZ/BRNO.[url]https://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/kulovnice/brno-express.html[/url

Should add BRNO also made aa low end single rifle....BRNO ZBK110. This is junk gun poorly made. Having owned one I'd never recommend it. I imported mine in 222 Rem; usuaally a sub MOA cartridge. this one I spent 3 years trying to get it to shoot; best group was 3+ inches; all loads tried. In addition to the overal fit and finish; the gun was sold/made with out and extractor nor even an extractor cut out. Had to have it custom designed my CZ's custom shop for a $105 USD repair. Typical hit and miss CZ quality control. I say that as without and extractor, how could they have proofed the rifle? The target in the factory box must have been from another rifle.???

Just thoughts from a CZ fan.

Last edited by PABear; 10-20-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:12 PM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
I6turbo sir could you explain about the scope mounting concerns?

SM
Photobucket's latest extortion attempt makes it so that the picture is very blurry (for me, anyway) but you can kind of see the situation in this thread. The scope mount is a cantilever type, and quite bulky-looking. Perhaps there's another option, perhaps Scout-style or something, but this is the one I was aware of.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ht=BRNO+Effect
Old 10-20-2019, 08:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6turbo View Post
Photobucket's latest extortion attempt makes it so that the picture is very blurry (for me, anyway) but you can kind of see the situation in this thread. The scope mount is a cantilever type, and quite bulky-looking. Perhaps there's another option, perhaps Scout-style or something, but this is the one I was aware of.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ht=BRNO+Effect
thank you sir I like it even more than before I will have to check out and see what calibers they came in. I think this would be an excellent single shot rifle.

Signalman
Old 10-20-2019, 08:37 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i dont know about the CZ BRNO Effect FS, but i just got the plane jane CZs.

I like mine. Would love to buy more, but i have a few and that works for me.