Baitcaster is getting a 222 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
12,124
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Talking Baitcaster is getting a 222



Log in to see fewer ads
So he made a comment about getting a CZ 527 in 222 so I asked him to post a thread about what is he getting I am all excited for him and would like to know which model he found. I have three of the four out there:

top > down the 527 Varmint, 527 American and the 527 Full Stock all in 222


I am hoping he has the one that I don't...but would love to have the 527 Lux with some nice wood on it.

So Baitcaster sir would love to hear which model and how you found it and anything else you would like to share with all of us out here.

then we can talk about scope and rings like you asked in the other thread.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2019, 03:51 PM
59801

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Posts: 
454
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have a pair of the CZ 222 Remington's a Varmint and a Full Stock. Both from the recent Mexico reimport. No complaints on either. Both are fine shooters. At one point in time I use to keep half a dozen 222 Remington's busy A Ruger a Winchester and 4 700's. Now I'm down to the two CZ's and the post 64 model 70 Varmint. The model 70 may be on it's way out the door before next spring. For no good reason I seem to have gone over to the 223 cartridge but even there I'm down to a single Remington 700 Classic and a T/C Contender. All the rest are 527's. Thinking about this confuses me as the 222 is a better cartridge than the 223. I just like the smaller CZ action and the rifle built around it. The only Lux I've purchased is a 452 in 22 L.R.. I've thought about getting a Lux in 22 Hornet but so far have managed to avoid it's pull.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
12,124
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59801 View Post
Have a pair of the CZ 222 Remington's a Varmint and a Full Stock. Both from the recent Mexico reimport. No complaints on either. Both are fine shooters. At one point in time I use to keep half a dozen 222 Remington's busy A Ruger a Winchester and 4 700's. Now I'm down to the two CZ's and the post 64 model 70 Varmint. The model 70 may be on it's way out the door before next spring. For no good reason I seem to have gone over to the 223 cartridge but even there I'm down to a single Remington 700 Classic and a T/C Contender. All the rest are 527's. Thinking about this confuses me as the 222 is a better cartridge than the 223. I just like the smaller CZ action and the rifle built around it. The only Lux I've purchased is a 452 in 22 L.R.. I've thought about getting a Lux in 22 Hornet but so far have managed to avoid it's pull.
59801 sir I forgot about the 527 Lux in 22 hornet...I have two of those also: a 527 American in 22 Hornet and a 527 FS in 22 Hornet I bought from Bandit1250.

It's crazy my 527 Varmint in 222 does NOT have the Mexican roll mark but the 527 FS in 222 does.

22 Hornet in front and the 222 Rem in back


here is my 527 Varmint with no roll mark




Signalman
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-20-2019, 07:59 PM
59801

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Posts: 
454
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've the pair of 527 Hornets the Full Stock and an American. The Full Stock is my current oldest CZ from when they were located in Oak Hurst California, with a (19)95 date code and the American from (20)07 I've had for nine or ten years. I bought it from a co-worker and shooting partner who wanted to try a Ruger 77/22 Hornet. He purchased the American Hornet used also so that makes me the third owner at least. I had seen this rifle perform on the gopher fields so when it became available there was no hesitation I jumped at the opportunity. My side was the better of the bargain. I also have the 223 paired Full Stock (20)00 and American (20)09. The 223 American has become my go to coy-dog rifle replacing the Remington Classic 223. The CZ currently wears the Remington's old Leupold 4.5-14X scope. I should probably find myself a 222 American so I could have the trifecta. But so many wants so little money.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2019, 09:26 PM
baitcaster

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Posts: 
27
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
So he made a comment about getting a CZ 527 in 222 so I asked him to post a thread about what is he getting I am all excited for him and would like to know which model he found. I have three of the four out there:



top > down the 527 Varmint, 527 American and the 527 Full Stock all in 222





I am hoping he has the one that I don't...but would love to have the 527 Lux with some nice wood on it.



So Baitcaster sir would love to hear which model and how you found it and anything else you would like to share with all of us out here.



then we can talk about scope and rings like you asked in the other thread.



Signalman
I got a CZ 527 LUX, I was able to shoot it a few times at the rang today, I'll try to get some pictures before Thanksgiving, but I know it can shoot better, but I'm satisfied at a 1/2 inch at 100 yards.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2019, 11:31 PM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
12,124
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
baitcaster sir I almost thought You were upset with me for saying something about you getting a CZ 222 but I am glad you finally reported what I thought was exciting news...and it sounds like it working for you. If you would like for me to post pictures for you just let me know.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-22-2019, 04:57 PM
baitcaster

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Posts: 
27
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
baitcaster sir I almost thought You were upset with me for saying something about you getting a CZ 222 but I am glad you finally reported what I thought was exciting news...and it sounds like it working for you. If you would like for me to post pictures for you just let me know.



Signalman
Thanks, I have to get a different set of rings, I brought a set of warne and they just don't fit real good so I ordered a set of Burris today after getting back in town, I don't know why I didn't order them to start off.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-26-2019, 01:11 AM
Airtool
Veteran

Join Date: 
Nov 2016
Location: 
Land of the shining mountains
Posts: 
126
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
details, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitcaster View Post
... I have to get a different set of rings, I brought a set of warne and they just don't fit real good ...
Baitcaster, will you say more about your Warne rings and how they fit? I have a couple 527's, and I need rings for them. I have many sets of Warne rings, for other grooved or Weaver/Pic rails, and I'm generally pleased with them, so I was considering the 1B1 or 2B1's... your insight is timely. Most of the posts here seem to lead me to Burris.

I've read some of the posts here on RFC regarding the different rings and heights available for 527's, and the issues with the old vice new bolt handles and clearance. I have one each of those bolt handles, so a new handle may be in the future, too.

Thanks,
'tool
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-26-2019, 12:43 PM
baitcaster

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Posts: 
27
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtool View Post
Baitcaster, will you say more about your Warne rings and how they fit? I have a couple 527's, and I need rings for them. I have many sets of Warne rings, for other grooved or Weaver/Pic rails, and I'm generally pleased with them, so I was considering the 1B1 or 2B1's... your insight is timely. Most of the posts here seem to lead me to Burris.



I've read some of the posts here on RFC regarding the different rings and heights available for 527's, and the issues with the old vice new bolt handles and clearance. I have one each of those bolt handles, so a new handle may be in the future, too.



Thanks,

'tool
My warne rings was 1B and the bolt would not clear the Vortex 4-12x40, so I might end up with a different bold handle but I have Burris rings on my other 527's with no problem that's the reason I'm going with them, should get them on Friday, I'll let you no after Thanksgiving, I hope that everyone has a blessed time with family/friends.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-26-2019, 01:04 PM
aztarget's Avatar
aztarget

Join Date: 
Mar 2008
Location: 
tucson AZ
Posts: 
2,442
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I see you struck again
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-26-2019, 04:42 PM
59801

Join Date: 
Feb 2019
Posts: 
454
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Airtool, the Warne medium (.425") height rings are about 1/8 inch lower than the Burris (.550") medium or CZ (.550") factory rings. The Warne (.535")High rings are comparable to Burris mediums or CZ factory heights.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-26-2019, 10:29 PM
Airtool
Veteran

Join Date: 
Nov 2016
Location: 
Land of the shining mountains
Posts: 
126
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

I appreciate the info you've provided, gents.

Baitcaster, it seems that it's the fit of the scope and rings on the 527, and not really a Warne-fit-on-the-groove issue... that makes me feel a little better!

59801, I'm taking notes - If the scope works with the Warne 2B's, I may go with those high Warne's, though the Burris are a smaller investment.

best,
'tool
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x