What 10/22 parts fit the TC/R22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:36 AM
ironglow
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What 10/22 parts fit the TC/R22

How about keeping a running record of anyone who has ordered 10/22 aftermarket parts for their TCR 22 and how well they fit.

I would be a good guide for anyone who thinks they may make some changes !

Last edited by FlysAlot; 05-14-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:20 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger BMX trigger works great in the R22, but you lose the last round hold open and the sling shot bolt close.

Pck
Old 10-19-2019, 10:34 PM
RCGuy50

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
10/22 Ruger magazines work but the last round bolt hold open won’t work.
10/22 aftermarket stocks work.
10/22 aftermarket slip in V-block barrels work. Have not talked to CPC yet to see if they offer a thread in service on the T/C receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 03:51 PM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanx Guys; I have found that I like the original 10/22 magazines better the one which comes with the rifle.
The original is not only a PIA to load, it also gives me trouble removing the magazine,..while the 10/22 mags work very well, better in fact than they do in the 10/22.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:47 AM
jtf650

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Does anyone know definitively if the Kidd trigger job kit will work on the TCR22? I emailed Kidd a while back and got this reply: "We do not guarantee that our KIDD Trigger Job Kit will work in that model; we only guarantee that it will work in a Ruger®" I was a little surprised that they didn't have a definite yes or no, so I thought maybe somebody here might have tried it. And I do know about the Brimstone option, I'd like to try the Kidd option first if possible. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I would imagine the Kidd kit will work. If it didn't they would have just said that it won't work not that they can't guarantee it will. It's just a way to cover themselves.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Guam
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf650 View Post
Does anyone know definitively if the Kidd trigger job kit will work on the TCR22? I emailed Kidd a while back and got this reply: "We do not guarantee that our KIDD Trigger Job Kit will work in that model; we only guarantee that it will work in a Ruger®️" I was a little surprised that they didn't have a definite yes or no, so I thought maybe somebody here might have tried it. And I do know about the Brimstone option, I'd like to try the Kidd option first if possible. Thanks.
The Kidd trigger job kit DOES NOT work. While installing it, I couldnt get the hammer pivot pin in unless the safety was disengaged. Once it was all installed, when in the cocked position, the safety would not engage. When trying to engage the safety, it seems as though the safety was hitting up against something. I tried removing the set screw on the sear but the safety was still binding on something. The safety only engages when the bolt is in the forward position.

Gonna try and get a refund from Kidd, hopefully theyll understand and allow it
Old 01-09-2020, 01:58 PM
ironglow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Guam, this is just the kind of information we need.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:21 PM
RCGuy50

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guam View Post
The Kidd trigger job kit DOES NOT work. While installing it, I couldnt get the hammer pivot pin in unless the safety was disengaged. Once it was all installed, when in the cocked position, the safety would not engage. When trying to engage the safety, it seems as though the safety was hitting up against something. I tried removing the set screw on the sear but the safety was still binding on something. The safety only engages when the bolt is in the forward position.

Please clarify “cocked position”

Does “cocked position” mean hammer cocked and the bolt is fully forward in firing position? Then when the action has dry fired (no semi auto recocking) you can engage the safety?

Does the Kidd kit work if the safety is always left in the fire position?
Old 01-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Just spitballin' here.. not had one in my hands and have not read up on this much... but, how about just switch the OEM TG to a Ruger OEM TG.. then the KID Kit WILL WORK... Just a thought (might be missing sumpthin').. the Ruger OEM Tupperware TG can be found pretty cheap... ya I know throwin' mo money at it
Old 01-10-2020, 02:44 PM
Guam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGuy50 View Post
Please clarify “cocked position”

Does “cocked position” mean hammer cocked and the bolt is fully forward in firing position? Then when the action has dry fired (no semi auto recocking) you can engage the safety?

Does the Kidd kit work if the safety is always left in the fire position?
"Cocked position" is the hammer to the rear (with the bolt forward and to the rear). If the hammer is in the rearward position, the safety WILL NOT ENGAGE. After action has been dry fired with no recocking, safety still doesn't engage.

The only time the safety will engage with the hammer forward is when the trigger assembly is removed from the firearm and the hammer is forward and leaning on the pin that holds the bolt hold open.

The Kidd kit will work if the gun is left in the fire position. Not ideal in my case since the rifle will be mainly used by my 11 year old.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:48 PM
Guam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Just spitballin' here.. not had one in my hands and have not read up on this much... but, how about just switch the OEM TG to a Ruger OEM TG.. then the KID Kit WILL WORK... Just a thought (might be missing sumpthin').. the Ruger OEM Tupperware TG can be found pretty cheap... ya I know throwin' mo money at it
Youre right, the kit will work in a Ruger OEM Tupperware. While trying to figure this all out, I installed kit in a ruger tupperware and everything worked well. Just trying not to throw extra funds at this thing. If my daughter decides to upgrade it as we move along, then it's on her.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:55 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guam View Post
Kidd trigger job kit DOES NOT work. While installing it, I couldnt get the hammer pivot pin in unless the safety was disengaged. Once it was all installed, when in the cocked position, the safety would not engage. When trying to engage the safety, it seems as though the safety was hitting up against something. I tried removing the set screw on the sear but the safety was still binding on something. The safety only engages when the bolt is in the forward position.

Sounds like you may have rotated your safety out of position (it's fairly easy to do). Easy enough to check also. Grab both sides of the safety button using your thumb and forefinger (you have to grip it really tight) and rotate it until you feel it click. Should be about a half a turn. The safety has flat areas inside on the top and bottom and is rounded on the rest. If it's rotated out of position it will not be able to be engaged. I find it easier to hold the safety with my fingers and turn the whole trigger housing to click it back into place. It may sound like it's making a crunching sound but there's nothing to worry about. I'm not saying that this is definitely your fix, but it sounds like it. I'm pretty sure if you call Kidd this is the exact recommendation they will give you.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridzahd View Post
Installed er shaw barrel in tcr22 tighten v block, but barrel would turn, any help would be great
Gunsmither BLOCK..

https://gunsmithertools.com/shop?ols...lock-r6b32134b

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ght=Gunsmither
Old 03-12-2020, 08:13 PM
pikal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has anyone successfully installed the 10/22 Volquartsen extractor in the TCR22 bolt?