Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:03 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 Boat Paddle Stock

Hello everyone quick question about the boat paddle, what's the value on one of these? I just bought one off eBay for little over 35 dollars. Did I get a good deal? I know they are sought after by some, just want to know just in case I don't end up liking it and decide to sell it.

Thank you,
Hugh
Old 10-20-2019, 09:17 AM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbman View Post
Hello everyone quick question about the boat paddle, what's the value on one of these? I just bought one off eBay for little over 35 dollars. Did I get a good deal? I know they are sought after by some, just want to know just in case I don't end up liking it and decide to sell it.

Thank you,
Hugh
Obviously it wasn't worth more than the $35 winning bid to the ebay audience. Like anything else... It's worth what you can sell it for. Not a penny more. Having said that there is probably someone out there willing to pay 60-70 bucks for it if you can find them.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Obviously it wasn't worth more than the $35 winning bid to the ebay audience. Like anything else... It's worth what you can sell it for. Not a penny more. Having said that there is probably someone out there willing to pay 60-70 bucks for it if you can find them.
Hi GH41,

Thank you for the reply, I got it pretty quick with in 20 minutes of the auction starting, either way 35 bucks shipped to my door and some of the profit went to a charity for Autism I should feel good about it, I know I've seen some people asking over 100 and wasn't sure if that was the norm for the boat paddle

Thank you,
Hugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
I have never owned one, but had a bunch of them thru my hands.. it screams RUGER!
That for some is why it's a keeper and/or sought after. If your a Ruger fan and a collector of sorts you need one. Some say it's fugly and some say it's sexy.. if I ever find one that is close to what you paid I will own one.. and I really am not a Tupperware fan.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:42 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I have never owned one, but had a bunch of them thru my hands.. it screams RUGER!
That for some is why it's a keeper and/or sought after. If your a Ruger fan and a collector of sorts you need one. Some say it's fugly and some say it's sexy.. if I ever find one that is close to what you paid I will own one.. and I really am not a Tupperware fan.
Thank for the reply Chaser!
It does scream Ruger for sure, I'm definitely a Ruger fan, growing up that's all dad had, Does the Tupperware feel like the newer synthetic stocks? If I ever decide to sell it you'll be the first to know Chaser
Old 10-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
IMO they all feel pretty much same same... but the Boatpaddle Butt being narrow and sculpted if you will feels more solid = obviously less hollow... Tupperware is Tupperware.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Cbman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sweet i do prefer the feel of the synthetic stocks far as the forearm grip. I bought a newer synthetic stock from S&P a week ago, Wood is dead gorgeous, but ultimately function out ways looks. Thank you for insight on the boat paddle, I have always wanted one. Up until recently i always thought they were only on the 77 series.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:37 PM
rascally

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry to be "that guy", but I'm new here and I have no idea what is being discussed. Could someone please explain the "boat paddle" stock, perhaps with a photo? So I'll know it if I ever see one...
Old 10-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Chaser

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:52 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I have a couple of them, one in a high powered rifle and one on a 77-22.

I wouldn’t go out to pay high dollar for one, but for what the OP paid, I would buy several. They certainly are durable which is what I think Ruger intended when they came up with the design.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:12 PM
rascally

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ah, now this makes sense..."narrow and sculpted if you will feels more solid = obviously less hollow..."

I suspect the new synthetic stock with the replaceable comb are going to also be emblematic of Ruger.

Thank you.

Last edited by rascally; 10-21-2019 at 06:17 PM.