Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:59 PM
RetiredBastogne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new rifle questions for long range

I am wanting to start 22lr long range shooting. looking at an anschutz model 64, 1416, and cz 457 24 inch barrel at-one . of the three listed which would be your choice. What are you all using? i am wanting something to shoot 100 to 400 yards. i have alot of experience shooting 308 and 300 win mag 600,800 and1000 yards it just gets boring after a while. looking for something more challenging.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I prefer old iron myself, just love getting behind an old singleshot target gun and know everytime I ding a small distant target all the previous owners are sharing the shot with me. Nothing wrong with the newer guns, some are extremely accurate and let you get your shots off in changing conditions feeding from a magazine but the smooth deliberate rythm of cycling the bolt with a single shot is so satisfying.

Topstrap
Old 10-19-2019, 10:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Most all 22lr rifles are capable of 100 yards plus, just how accurate do you want to be?
If you just want a challenge, you could always attempt it with a long barrel pistol.
Seriously entertaining if you go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 AM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredBastogne View Post
I am wanting to start 22lr long range shooting. looking at an anschutz model 64, 1416, and cz 457 24 inch barrel at-one . of the three listed which would be your choice. What are you all using? i am wanting something to shoot 100 to 400 yards. i have alot of experience shooting 308 and 300 win mag 600,800 and1000 yards it just gets boring after a while. looking for something more challenging.
I have a Tikka T1X, CZ 455, and a Kidd Supergrade, that I use for long range steel. I have never own a Anschutz, they are very accurate. The CZ are good also. For rimfire's it is all about the ammo. You have to find what your gun likes. I have shot everything from CCI SV thru the top ammo from Eley and Lapua. I have a lot of Wolf Match Extra made by Eley, that shoots better than any ammo I have ever shot.

If you want something more challenging rimfire will not disappoint you. I have shot long range centerfire myself for years. Rimfire is a beast of it own.

Get the gun you like and find the ammo it likes.

Mark