Anschutz 1808 EDS Help - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:59 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

If that rifle is complete and near pristine I wouldn't cut that extension tube down but that's just me!
If you have access to a gunsmith, I'd look for a piece of steel or alloy tube of the correct OD and have him thread it 18X1. That weight set will actually clear the barrel and if screwed to a tube of the correct length, you have to look hard to even notice the barrel is threaded.
I'm sure your smith could machine a thread protector also if required.
Here's a couple more pics plus a crude diagram of my set up.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:42 AM
BobW.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I usually never change or modify anything, especially a rifle or handgun. However, not sure what to do with the 1808 long tube issue. So far I've been unable to find a gunsmith who has the capability to cut those 18mm threads. I think I'll follow your advice and not be to quick to cut the tube. I found a vinyl thread protector which will protect the barrel threads until I find a solution.
Being in the USA when I mention 18mm thread cutting to a gunsmith I get a "no sorry can't do it"
Old 10-08-2019, 07:42 PM
BobW.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did notice this 1808 does not have any importers mark on it. Here in the US this means it was probably bought in Germany by a member of the Armed Forces, usually Army. They could buy them over there for cheap and it was no problem bringing them back to the U.S.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:30 AM
GraemeSmith

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Information re this rifle - I have one the same - originally developed as Anschutz 50m Running Boar Rifle. Mine shot very well - both locally and Internationally so well aware of rifle. Later became a Silhouette Rifle.