Hair cuts? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:28 PM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

My wife and I have been married for 54 years and first began cutting each other's hair when we took our first jobs in a village in Alaska. Neither have been to a hair cut person since we've been married and even sometimes get compliments on our hair. As I recall, my last commercial haircut while in college was less that a buck!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRG3 View Post
My wife and I have been married for 54 years and first began cutting each other's hair when we took our first jobs in a village in Alaska. Neither have been to a hair cut person since we've been married and even sometimes get compliments on our hair. As I recall, my last commercial haircut while in college was less that a buck!
When I had just started high school hair cuts were 50 cents at one barbershop. The guy was a good barber---as long as he was sober. One Saturday morning I was in the chair and he told me he would be back in a minute and went out the door and out of sight around in the alley that ran right beside his building. In a few minutes he came back and I could see the outline of the fifth he had stuck down his shirt after he met his bootlegger and he went right on into the back of his shop. It took a few minutes and he came back out to finish my haircut. All he had to do was shave my neck. The haircut was fine but the neck shave after he had a snort was pretty rough and I lost some skin. I found another barber.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:22 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$20
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hair is highly over rated.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:12 AM
JJB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
my dear ole man got a wahl clipperset back in the 60s and cut my hair ONCE.... I had three younger brothers so I guess he thought it was a way to save money.. he never butchered my hair again but my brothers had to endure his "haircuts" for a few years...
Old 10-18-2019, 03:01 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovannes View Post
Hair is highly over rated.
Maybe, but stupendulous plumage still draws them in, even at my advanced age...

Old 10-18-2019, 07:46 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
What is the worst haircut you ever got? Not including military haircuts.

LOL - I like military hair cuts.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:58 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Haircuts were a quarter when I was a kid. We would walk to the shopping center and get our har cut....flat tops, always cut short. As the years went by prices went up...way up. A barber quit his job at one shop, opened his own out on Hwy 51 and began cutting hair at half the going rate. By then I could drive and started going there....until....one night someone dynamited the joint. Seriously. 1917
Old 10-20-2019, 12:20 AM
john the plinker
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had The Boss give me a haircut once. Time before it was almost perfect, better than most commercial cuts I'd had. This time, oooooowwwweeee was it bad. She's back there yacking away, blah, blah,blah, then she says, Oh %%%%!. Ended up with an almost basic training cut just to get it looking halfways decent. Went in to work the following Monday and my boss asked if I'd reenlisted.