Remington Range - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:04 PM
Ide
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington Range

Picked up some Remington Range .22 LR at a local store. Had never heard or seen it before, but the price was pretty cheap. 40gr lead bullet at 1200fps. So far, seems pretty good, Sounds and hits like Blazer .22 ammo. Have only gone through a couple of hundred but no duds so far. Works fine in a Ruger MK2. Anyway, seems like decent ammo.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:23 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ide View Post
Picked up some Remington Range .22 LR at a local store. Had never heard or seen it before, but the price was pretty cheap. 40gr lead bullet at 1200fps. So far, seems pretty good, Sounds and hits like Blazer .22 ammo. Have only gone through a couple of hundred but no duds so far. Works fine in a Ruger MK2. Anyway, seems like decent ammo.
Spent some time hunting squirrels in Port Byron. I88 side and some of my favorite territory in that area to drive through...leClaire on the Iowa side is pretty too.

Where did you pick it up at locally?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:57 PM
NIB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1200 fps?

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfi...se-100-rounds/
http://guns.bridgeportequip.com/ammo...r-40gr-lead-rn

Here's a couple sites saying it's 1255 fps. GB's and T-Bolt's are also 1255 fps.

Their also packaging revolver/pistol ammo as "Range".

Presently no 22LR range advertising on Remington's web site or their catalog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 12:11 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington has been playing the packaging game for years. They will repackage basically the same ammo in a variety of ways. If you got a good batch, congratulations because you got lucky. I hope this is a sign of a new trend at Remington, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:37 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington 22 Target
*I had a chance to send several magazines down range when they tested them last week at the range. They ran, cycled my SR22 and were accurate with no issues. Did not have a chance to run any through my Mark III 22/45. I may give them another try down the road.
*SportmansGuide has Remington 22 Target, .22LR, RN, 40 Grain, Muzzle Velocity: 1,150 FPS 100 Rounds for $6.64
Old 10-24-2019, 09:27 PM
Ide
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armtx View Post
Spent some time hunting squirrels in Port Byron. I88 side and some of my favorite territory in that area to drive through...leClaire on the Iowa side is pretty too.

Where did you pick it up at locally?
Reiglers up in Rock Falls Il.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:28 AM
NIB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickClark28 View Post
Remington 22 Target
*I had a chance to send several magazines down range when they tested them last week at the range.
Have you ever sent any magazines of Remington Range down range when you were at at the range?
Old 10-26-2019, 09:00 AM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Have you ever sent any magazines of Remington Range down range when you were at at the range?
Not sure what the question is about but "Yes!"
This is what the rep had and this is what he said they are. (The box was marked Remington Range and the other box marked Remington Target)
Remington 22 Range, .22LR, RN, 40 Grain, Muzzle Velocity: 1,255 FPS
Bulk Container
Remington 22 Target, .22LR, RN, 40 Grain, Muzzle Velocity: 1,150 FPS
100 Rnd. Box
* I am not a expert like you guy's and I could not tell much from the limited use but they did cycle the SR22. So to answer your question "Yes!" I just started trying different rimfire ammo and just was interested.

selwayarmory.com/remington-range-22-long-rifle-40-gr-lead-round-nose-box-of-100.html

Last edited by RickClark28; 10-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:27 AM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimfi...se-100-rounds/
http://guns.bridgeportequip.com/ammo...r-40gr-lead-rn
Here's a couple sites saying it's 1255 fps. GB's and T-Bolt's are also 1255 fps.
Their also packaging revolver/pistol ammo as "Range".
Presently no 22LR range advertising on Remington's web site or their catalog?
I just started to explore other rimfire ammo other than CCI Mini Mags etc. to use with my Mark III 22/45 and SR22's. I have had very good luck with CCI Blazers, Mini Mags and SV. What else do you recommend that may be a good choice for both of these Ruger's? Just target shooting and practicing for fun to increase accuracy. I have tried Golden Bullets, Target and Range ammo from Remington with some success. No luck with Winchester and limited luck with Federal.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:06 PM
NIB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickClark28 View Post
Not sure what the question is about but "Yes!"
This is what the rep had and this is what he said they are. (The box was marked Remington Range and the other box marked Remington Target)
The question pertained to Remington Range. You hadn't until now mentioned Rem. Range. As to what should you use? It sounds as if you're doing good right now with ammo that cycles your pistols correctly.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:42 AM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The question pertained to Remington Range. You hadn't until now mentioned Rem. Range. As to what should you use? It sounds as if you're doing good right now with ammo that cycles your pistols correctly.
*Thanks for the reply. I am a new old shooter and just started getting to know my semi autos these past two years. I fell in love with rimfire shooting for fun.
*I was stuck on CCI Mini Mags but just got a bunch of CCI SV to try and I will try others as time allows. I am going to stick with what works. All of my Ruger's have shot anything I feed them and just started to really improve accuracy.
*Remington Range cycled my SR22's but I did not shoot more than 60 rounds that day and I still do not see them on Remington's site. I see them sold here and there.
*Have a great day. You guys are a good wealth of data and I thank you for the help. At 61 years old I may be able learn new tricks but getting feedback from you guys in the know have helped and I appreciate your knowledge.

Last edited by RickClark28; 10-27-2019 at 08:48 AM.