ret
Old 10-15-2019, 10:58 AM
RET
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Or, perhaps it is

a pistol.

Also, what other USSR target rifles have been covered on this forum? I have seen pics at some point, but do not know model names, or where to find the pics.

ret.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:27 PM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's a 40s/50s ers Soviet pistol that shoots .22shorts if I recall right. If you're asking about a "МЦ-1".

Have a link or two:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...er/vostok/mu-1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MCM_pistol

Hmm the links say .22lr. I'd swear it was in short. /shrug. The numrich links show both magazines as shorts so I'm not completely crazy. yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 01:55 PM
tim slater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RET View Post
a pistol.

Also, what other USSR target rifles have been covered on this forum? I have seen pics at some point, but do not know model names, or where to find the pics.

ret.
The CM2, Ural, MTs 12*, Strela,, Taifun, and Ural 5/6 have all been the subject of discussion. I've yet to see the MTs 112 and MTs 113 - 1980s Olympic team rifles.

*MTs seems to be a better transition of the Cyrillic than MU.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:08 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
https://www.rifleman.org.uk/Vostok_Target_Rifle.htm

Does this help.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:34 PM
stephen_maly

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
MC-1

I owned two of these pistols over the years, and the designation in Canada was an MC-1W. There was a Canadian importer, so I expect that designation is the correct one. I understand that a goodly number were sent to Canada in 1967 (the Canadian Centennial year). They were chambered for .22 LR. The MC-1W is not the Olympic rapid-fire pistol. That one had an aluminum slide, and was chambered for .22 short. It seems to have been designated the MC-U or MC-V. It came out in the late 1940's. The MC-M (standard pistol) was launched in the early 1960's. In fact, two of these guns were available in Canada very recently (at a gun show in Waverley, Nova Scotia, for $600 for the pair; about $450 USD). You should do a search using the proper Cyrillic letters and you might find out more about it.

Last edited by stephen_maly; 10-19-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:30 AM
iceweazel
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slater View Post

*MTs seems to be a better transition of the Cyrillic than MU.
Spoke with a Russian buddy of ours and he concurs here. MTs is a better translation.

He also agrees you should search on the cyrillic name if you want more info. When we did we found a large number of older pages (late 90s) about this series of pistol.

But if you're looking in the states/canada you will want to search on what they were called here for importation. see my above links for more info, and what stephen_maly posted for Canadian model info.

Cryillic name (worked above, should work again) МЦ-1

Good luck!