What spring for Standard Velocity ammo? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2019, 02:39 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

I don't have graduated springs for my 10-22 DSP, but, I polished the bolt, and radiused it, but not as extensively as the sticky elsewhere on the forum shows, and took some of the roughness off the receiver interior, and it cycles SV ammo just fine! CCI SV, SK Standard +, and Match, ELEY and some others I can't remember. YMMV
Old 10-19-2019, 08:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
One thing to mention.. a shell spit at the 2 to 3 o'clock direction is perfect. I use mostly the Std. weight spring (Wht.).

And.. as stated above smoothing the inside of the Receiver with ScotchBrite (AKA CrotchBrite) is the ticket.. also, no matter what temp range you shoot in the Hornady One Shot Dry Lube is the ticket.. no sludge (MUDD) and no worries about viscosity slowing the action down in cold temps like Oils.. In our cold winters I now run it in all my Shotguns for Ducks/Geese with 100% better cycling.
Good info here...the One Shot is the ticket along with the smoothing with scotchbrite, with the medium spring I have fired over 300 rounds in a session without a single malfunction.