how much did you or would you pay for a takedown - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
what I paid....

I paid $300 for a new wood stock Mannlicher, and $250 for a used black/stainless TD, missing the Ruger case/bag.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:46 PM
MannlicherFan
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Attachment 191643 $300 out the door
Attachment - Nice Wood Take Down Stock

Did Mike Warren do that stock for you??

---------------------------------------------------

In answer to the original question..

If I had it to do over - I would buy a stripped receiver & build it myself like I've done with my conventional 10/22's.

Already had a trigger pack re-worked by Clark Custom, JWH bolt, charging handle, buffer + the piddly crap.

Would have only needed a stock & barrel. Upgraded my rifle with the Magpul X-22 + TacSol barrel kit, so..

Could have saved a couple hundred $$ & the hassle of trying to sell the left over parts I ended up with.

Last edited by MannlicherFan; 09-14-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:28 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=MannlicherFanid Mike Warren do that stock for you?[/QUOTE]

No, thatís a Talo French Walnut .

What started the itch was the thread with the full stock Mannlicher take down. I saw the picture and it stuck in the back of my mind. Then I saw this one .

Havenít had it out yet. Too busy at work. Booming economy and all! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

This one isnít going to live in the bag, like my stainless in the magpul stock. The TD feature will just be for cleaning.

I have modded every 1022 that I have , so it will just be my Stock carbine. Albeit with a better trigger, just a Bx for now.

Although, if they made a LVT barrel for the TD, it would be sporting one
Old 09-15-2019, 09:30 PM
MannlicherFan
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
[LEFT][RIGHT][LEFT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
No, thatís a Talo French Walnut .

What started the itch was the thread with the full stock Mannlicher take down. I saw the picture and it stuck in the back of my mind. Then I saw this one.

Havenít had it out yet. Too busy at work. Booming economy and all! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

This one isnít going to live in the bag, like my stainless in the Magpul stock. The TD feature will just be for cleaning.

I have modded every 1022 that I have , so it will just be my Stock carbine. Albeit with a better trigger, just a Bx for now.

Although, if they made a LVT barrel for the TD, it would be sporting one
Mike Warren did that stock.. Mke Warren - Ruger 10/22 Takedown Wood Stocks

As you can see, he will take the Talo French Walnut or any other Ruger conventional stock & convert it to a take-down configuration.

I'm in the process of working with him (when time permits) on shortening my Mannlicher (Mod 1265) stock to accept a 16" barreled action.

I didn't / don't know if you were aware of Mike & his services.

Took mine out last Saturday and it's the worst 10/22 I own, the only thing consistent was the FTF's.

While cleaning the receiver I studied the bottom of the [JWH] bolt including comparing it other JWH's & factory bolts.

The leading edge of that rail below the firing pin was not cut correctly so [I'm guessing] that it's not stripping fresh rounds out of the mag correctly.
The mags worked perfect in my kids rifle, so that's not it.

Installed a JWH from a different rifle that has seen several trips to the range without issue, but the NW weather gods decided we needed rain today.
First time I've had issues with a JWH product, not to worry, I'll call them first thing Monday morning & take it from there.

If your talking about a lite weight barrel, this is all I found.. X-Ring .22LR Takedown Barrels, I got one of the bull's.
Barrel with Pike Arms flash hider mounted in Magpul X-22 fore-end = 22oz's. Factory barrel in carbine style fore-end with barrel band = 30oz's.

Have the X-22 Backpacker - came as of part of the stock / TacSol barrel set I got from Optics Planet for my BOB, so it'll live in a bag.
Specs say LOP is 13.75", but it's too short for me. I'll call Magpul tomorrow & see what they have to say.

I've been trying to sell the left over parts from the upgrades done to my TD with no success.
Might get a receiver, put the parts in it & drop the assembly into a nice wood stock like you did.

Take care
Regards,
Old 10-19-2019, 02:58 AM
shootsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
79% (15)
Does this count? Got mine for $499 New in the bag & box from another dealer, Just waiting on the ATF ops

http://shop.redcircletactical.com/su...pressor-4-1921

INNOVATIVE ARMS RUGER 10/22 TAKEDOWN 22LR RIFLE W/ INTEGRAL SUPPRESSOR 16.25" 10RD ALL NFA RULES APPLY
1066 $499.99
Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$499.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNOK7-EhYL8

Last edited by shootsquirrel; 10-19-2019 at 03:05 AM.